This weekend I traveled up to northern Ohio to pick up some domesticated rats so our kids could have some pets. We got 3 female rats from a very reputable rattery. We have named them thusly: Ginger, Cocoa, and Carol, and they are endlessly entertaining. Eventhough I could have done “Pets” or “Rats” or something along those lines, I could not, for the life of me come up with a specific topic for today’s post… so I went with the old stand-by of “Potpourri.” Sometimes letting people ask anything is a good thing… sometimes it is just bringing woe and consternation upon one’s own heavily furrowed brow.
Thanks this week go to Steve J, Lsig, The Wife, El Silverio, Sandy, Stuponitron, Chris corrigan, Nadolny, LaRock and some other guy. Onto the questions:
1. Any holiday shopping traditions that you had growing up and have you continued those traditions with your kids?
Nope, unless you consider the growing tradition of buying every good goddamn thing online that we can find and not actually shopping in the throngs of unwashed germ-ridden people. I am buying Christmas gifts while wearing my pajamas with un-clipped finger-nails and my feet safely tucked away in Kleenex boxes.
2. Why are you still doing 20 Questions Tuesdays? (Not intended to be snarky!)
The enjoyment of doing this still outweighs the heartache… but only barely. IT is becoming more and more difficult to get questions for these non-interview ones.
3. Which non-interview 20Qs got the most views?
One from long ago where I did a comparison of grape sodas in the answer of one question… well, that page consistently gets hits when the New York Times has the clue, Radars preferred drink or something like that. The answer is either Grape Nehi or just Nehi pending on the number of letters on the answer.
4. Are you done with your Christmas shopping?
5. When are you coming to visit us?
Man, as soon as we can. I have no vacation built up and am hoping to hp jobs soon… does your group need a telecommuter for a Content Strategist/User Experience Design position?
6. Who is the hardest person to shop for in your gift-giving circle?
Probably me… other than me, probably the Mother-in-Law.
7. When was your last trip to a B-dubs?
Funnily enough, we got B-dubs take out the other night. Little Man likes the boneless sweet BBQ wings, Q likes the bone in sweet BBQ wings, with the wife’s limited diet at the moment she enjoys the salt and vinegar wings, and I was surprised how much I liked the wings. Crazy nostalgia bombs going off left and right whilst eating. and the fries were honestly surprisingly good.
8. Which is your favorite rattie?
Ginger is the most gregarious, so she is a quick fav… but there is something about Carol that just warms my heart. I really feel for Cocoa and hope that she doesn’t stay skittish for too long because I bet she will be the most loving. So, different day, different favorite.
9. ...And, due to autocorrect, what is your favorite ratio?
The golden mean
10. What would you rather do today than work?
11. If you destroyed the treadmill in what creative way would you do it?
We spent waaaay too much on the treadmill. There is no destroying it regardless of how angry I get at it.
12. Favorite mustache?
13. Favorite holiday song? Favorite Holiday Tradition?
"Have a Holly Jolly Christmas"… it is just so happy fun. The favorite holiday traditions all revolve around food…. mmmm food.
14. Will Lampard or Gerrard ever come to the MLS and what can we do to prevent it from happening, because honestly, are we still THAT kind of league?
Lamps will be here before the first game of the regular season… check that, the first Home game of NYCFC… as far as Gerrard… maybe. I hope not though. MLS is not a retirement league… I would have thought that Lothar demonstrated that. The amount of travel associated with the league alone makes this league more of a young man’s league.
15. What is the one question you dread most being asked?
This one. Whew, got that out of the way.
16. What is your most missed memory?
I think this has to be a trick question, because the answer is clearly “I don’t know… I think I forgot it.”
17. Seen the Hobbit: Battle of the Five Armies yet? Thoughts?
I think that I need to get someone to watch the kids so that the wife and I can watch a movie.
18. Do you egg nog?
I cheap store bought in the dairy section non-alcoholic egg nog
19. Who do you most want to do a 20 Questions Tuesday interview with?
I am currently doing one of my white whale interviews and am honestly enjoying the hell out of it. I have 3 interviews currently going on. One with a podcaster, one with another podcast listener, and one with one of my favoritest comedians of forever. While I am enjoying the other 2, I am a bit beside myself with the interview with the comedian… I am not willing to say that it is a definite though since it is not done, so I am uncomfortable mentioning who it is. There is still time for me to blow this.
20. Any hopes and dreams for the rest of this year that is quickly going away?
I should have gone with pets
Pets make a lot of sense
It is late and I should go to bed
I asked for wi-fi enabled light bulbs for Christmas
I had no idea that I would want something like that
But… if it allows us to turn off and on the lights in the basement that we consistently forget about
Worth their weight in gold
The ratties are behind me right now
Do I pass their judgment?
Does my heart weigh more than a feather?
Should I worry about Thoth?
Watching Cordkillers right now
You should watch it too
Have a great week everyone