This weekend, I turn 40. More specifically I turn 40 on Saturday. It does not seem like I should be turning 40 already, yet here we are. Holy crapballs! Imma gonna be 40 Oddly enough, this 20 questions is all about 40.
Onto the questions!
1. I just bought a jar of Jiff® All Natural Peanut Butter last night. The jar is not only 40oz but also highlights the “40” part with a funky color and larger than the typical boring text the rest of the bottom of the label has going on. Do you think this is a move to potentially tap into the market of those who frequently drink 40oz Malt Liquor? My other theory is that, like yourself, what if a high level exec at that company also turned forty and is trying to subliminally influence America into thinking that age is okay, fun, and colorful?
First we all know that Natural Skippy Superchunk is the best peanut butter around, so I don’t even know why you are blathering on about Jiff.
2. So my real question is, I’ve been enjoying Skippy® Natural Peanut Butter for over a year, was it wrong of me to try the new Jiff® one, if only because it was $0.30 less expensive?
You can try it, but you will come crawling back.
3. At close to 40 do your children fear you’ll die? My 5 year old tells me about once a week not to die. Also, I don’t have life insurance, but I’ve been meaning to research it. Am I being irresponsible for not having any?
My kids have not noticed the potential mortality of people as of yet. I think it is because they have grown up with people who, due to their long term chronic illnesses, should have already died but are still alive (not really kicking, but alive nonetheless).
4. How did we get so old?
I really don’t know. I am older than my parents were when I thought they were old, but forty isn’t too old, right?
5. When did this happen?
I think it started last year.
6. Seriously, what is going on here?
I really don’t know… I wish I could tell you.
7. 40, are you sure? I mean, actually the big 4-0?
Sadly I am sure. I have not cut myself in half to count the rings, but I am pretty sure about the 40-ness.
8. We can't possibly be turning 40 this year. Check again. Aren't you supposed to be the math guy?
1974 + 40 = 2014… yep the math checks out.
9. Here are your goals for 40 you may comment on each
40 push ups
I can do 20
10. 40 min. on treadmill
I hate the treadmill, but I have done 40 minutes recently... it sucked
11. 40 oz. of you favorite ale, lager, whiskey, moonshine etc. you pick
I really have not enjoyed drinking lately. Looks like it is 40 oz of water
12. 40 min drawing time, what did you produce.
I am betting it will be a Quicksilver
13. Hit the snooze bar for an extra 40 min. you deserve it.
Nope, I have titrated my mornings down to the bare minimum. I get up at 6:40 am and am out of the house by 6:58 AM. Surgical
14. Only 40? You look much more mature than that.
Thanks? I really do not know how to take this one.
15. Are you where you thought you would be at 40? Location, job, family?
I am much less happy professionally than I thought I would be. Location is a wash, I never really had a concept of place v age. The family is great, I always thought I would be older with my kids this age, but that is because I always felt like my parents were oooooold when I was a kid.
16. Any big plans?
Just going to hang out with Mj McArmypants and Dr B Dawg and waste the weekend. This, of course, requires me to get my homework done prior to the weekend… maybe I picked the wrong weekend to update my computer’s OS (I have to install all of my productivity software… which means I need to find it all again).
17. So, your wife ran a 50k to celebrate her 40th. What big thing are you going to do in your 40th year?
I will be completing my MS in User Experience Design from Kent State in my 40th year. This will lead me into a new career and, hopefully, more professional fulfillment. I think that would be pretty tight to happen for the 40th.
18. Do you think 80 will surprise you as much as 40?
From what I know from people who are 80, there is a sense of scale to 80 that just is not there for 40 at the moment. So, probably not.
19. How long ago did 40 stop being “old” to you?
Um… probably around 30. At that point 40 seemed “in the neighborhood.”
20. Any impending mid-life crises?
None that I am planning, but I am game for the opportunity.
USA 2, Ghana 1 = USA with 3 points in Group G
I goddamn love the World Cup
It is really magical
FIFA sucks though
Saturday I am 40
I missed the last couple of weeks due to vacation
Those 2 items were unrelated
I did not have vacation homework
Although vacation homeworks sounds like it could be fun
40 is ok, right?
Have a great weekend everyone