This week the wife is off gallivanting about for her work. She has two back to back 4 day things this week. Therefore I am trying to make sure the kids are fed and go to bed at a reasonable hour and I can do my homework, oh, and my parents are coming this Friday…. so I have that going for me. I really had no idea what today’s topic should be so I just sent out the clarion call to get random questions from the group of people I routinely ask to ask me questions… that got convoluted real fast. So, this week, I asked for and got 20 questions on anything. Thanks this week go pfmdesigner, Dr Hemi, Andrew Miller, and some other guy. Onto the questions:
1. What is your favorite YouTube video (either of all-time, or currently – your choice)?
Baby monkey riding backwards on a pig.
2. In these free-for-all question submissions, what question do you most fear being asked?
Where were you on the night of (insert random date and time)?
3. After the fall of civilization, what skill will you bring to the walled city-state to earn your place?
I am a pretty good cook, but I think I would bring my wife and ride her coattails to safety in the citystate.
4. What book has had the greatest influence on your life?
Well, since I was rather active in a church during my formative years, I would have to say the Bible… I don’t necessarily ascribe to the messages contained within that book anymore, but it did exert the greatest influence on my life. The other one I can think of is the first book I reread for the fun of it… “Lord of the Flies” by Golding. So, the Bible and Lord of the Flies. Spoiler alert: Turns out Simon and his death are an analogy to Jesus.
5. If you were to Quantum Leap into any famous person between now and the year you were born, who would it be and would you make any attempt to change the continuum?
Hmmm… Who is to say that I have not already lept into someone and altered the outcome to be what we are doing right now.... It would be in no way shape or form of me jumping into the body of the costume designer for the Wonder Woman TV show starring Lynda Carter.
6. Who would be the best free-for-all comic book fighter?
7. World Cup wrap impressions, good series/bad?
Great series, with weak semi-finals and a energy depleted final… The group stage and round of 16/quarter finals were amazing.
8. What is the meaning of life?
There is no meaning, it is just life.
9. What ever happened to the Solid Gold dancers?
Turns out that gold is not a very wise retirement plan. They became the Diversified Portfolio Dancers in the early 2000’s… 2008 was a rough year on them.
10. What tree am I thinking of right now? Not as you read this but right now? Ah ha got ya!
Elm… boom goes the dynamite
11. Having noticed your post about your wife being off traveling again this week, I'm wondering if you have any memories of times that you were left home with a parent or caretaker that was, well, less than equipped for the job for one reason or another.
For instance, when my dad was left in charge one time, I remember the toaster oven catching fire as he attempted to "warm-up" some hard shell taco shells.
Another example being a babysitter my sister and I had a few times, she was third string, who refused to believe us that opening up one of the kitchen doors and using the stove would set the fire alarm off. Happened on two separate occasions and both times she made us sit in her car in the driveway until the fire department came to make sure the house wasn't burning down.
12. If someone wrote a book about your life, what would the they title it?
He Didn’t Only Like Pork
13. Write a haiku
I will not write one
Haikus are very passe
You can go to Hell.
14. The best part of waking up?
Folger’s in your cup?
15. What is best in life?
To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of their women.
16. How many tattoos do you have?
17. What’s under your bed?
Mainly dust and miss-matched socks
18. Oh, question 18. This is where I turn the tables and the student becomes the master. Question 18: Is there anything you would like to ask me?
19. What are you taking from this 20 Questions that you did not bring in with you?
Just a tad bit more confusion.
20. What’s next? Be as concrete or vague as you want.
I am writing up a recruitment plan for a user research plan in the course I am in the middle of currently.
The wife is out of town
The kids will not eat the food I am making them
Their reverse psychology is working because I am not unwilling to cook for them
It’s Lord of the Flies here without my wife
I’ve got the conch, bitches
I made tacos tonight
It is just about the only thing that the youngest will consistently eat
We have made tacos AT LEAST (meaning often more than once) a week for the past couple of months
Soooo tired of tacos
She will also destroy a steak
She gets that from my wife
I need to draw something
I need to get my homework done first
Have a great week everyone