Tis the season to be jolly… and see all the Holiday Movies I can find. There only seems to be Christmas movies… no one has ever seen an Arbor Day movie or Flag Day. Anyway, since there is a glut of holiday movies during the Christmastide season… today’s topic is “Holiday Movies.”
Thanks this week go to Chris Ring, St Pierre, Chris Corrigan, and Aunt Linda, Grapes, Lsig, Matt, and the Wife. It is late, so no hyper linking tonight. Do your own google searches, freeloaders! Onto the questions.
1. Holiday Movies - To the Theater? or on the couch with an old favorite?
Well.. when they are available in the theatre and I want to see that particular film, nothing beats the theater, but otherwise on the couch is the best.
2. Did you get your Star Wars tickets yet?
Yep. Me and the boy on December 18th
3. Can I just request that we stop using Dickens "A Christmas Carol" as a plot device EVER again.
Unless it is specifically set in Dickensian London, then it is okay.
4. Holiday Favorite?
I just said no “Christmas Carol knockoffs” however, "Scrooged"
5. Holiday "Please NO"?
There are just some terrible Hallmark Entertainment Christmas Movies that are just painful. So amazingly painful.
6. I’ve had a major crush on the young red headed Mrs. Clause from Santa Clause is Coming to Town since I was a kid. So much so I was moved to write a song about it. And then in Tim Allen’s Santa Clause 2 the blonde woman from Lost, I never crushed on her during the Series but she becomes Mrs. Clause and suddenly I’m attracted to her. What do you make of that?
That is interesting… Have you told your wife to dress up like Mrs Claus for you? Play this one out. Your house is a safe space, right?
7. I say the original Die Hard is a holiday movie, my wife disagrees. Your thoughts?
Die Hard is most definitely a Christmas Movie. It was the first, I believe of a string of action movies set during the Holiday season. The first and the best.
8. Screw that topic. Just how wide is the pitch a Mapfre Stadium and are the touch lines an accurate representation of its width?
I will entertain these questions, but under duress. 75 yard wide field.
9. Scale of 1-10, 10 being OBVIOUSLY!! and 1 being YER OUTTA YER MIND!!: Did MLS actively contrive that result?
The only way that the match was contrived was if someone paid Clark to make the mistake at the beginning. It is not completely out of the realm of possibility, but I think it was just championship nerves on Clark’s part for that major gaff. It was not rigged. The Crew got in a nasty hole and could not climb out of it. It is easy to blame a sideline’s judge, but everyone is taught from the start of playing a game that you play to the whistle. No whistle, ball is not out… That being said, the ball was so amazingly out of bounds I have no idea what the judge was looking at.
10. When do the “Accuracy in beer cup throwing” lessons begin in the Nordecke this off season? Because seriously, with the supporters that close to Valeri and Wallace’s celebration, there’s no excuse for a Portland Timber not losing an eye.
The weight of the plastic Budweiser bottles is weird. Unless you have the opportunity to throw a large number of bottles, it is hard to dial in that kind of trajectory.
11. Kei Kamara: what emotion do you think he’s feeling given that every team he’s played for that won the Cup, won it the year he left and the one chance he’s had to play in a final, he didn’t win it? What is that Christmassy feeling he’s got?
The Christmassy Feeling he has is one of getting coal in his stocking.
12. And just to put it back on topic: what holiday movie is MORE insufferable than these Timbers hipsters are going to be for the next year? Cascadia just became hell, and I’d like to peer at something worse, just to remember that it’s not so bad.
Insufferable holiday movie? Hmmm…. Going to have to go back to Prancer… that thing blew.
13. Did you do a Holiday Movie Binge Watch?
Nope, I cannot think of enough holiday movies that I would watch to encapsulate a binge watching scenario
14. What holidays do you feel are underserved by the motion picture industry? If you care to limit it to American holidays, that is good with me.
I think that Mother’s day and Father’s day could each handle a well-made movie.
15. What makes for a perfect holiday movie?
I think a balance of holiday story and non-holiday stuff taking place. It cannot be just focused wholly on the Holiday, there needs to be some plot outside of the Holiday to focus on as well.
16. Have you seen the Star Wars Christmas Special?
I have seen bits and painful parts of it, but never the whole thing in one sitting…. oh that would be horrible.
17. Home Alone... a cute holiday movie or an example of bad parenting?
Home Alone has always been an amazing example of poor parenting. Impressively negligent parenting for a set of parents that seem to think they are good parents.
18. Jimmy Stewart's over-acting in It's a Wonderful Life makes me cringe. Was Shatner not available?
It’s a Wonderful Life was released in 1946 and William Shatner was born in 1931… I cannot see a 15 Year old Shatner playing that part.
19. Will I be able to watch "Love Actually" in Mexico?
No Idea. There is Netflix Mexico, but I am unsure if that is available south of the border... or in English.
20. How did they make a 30 minute CBS special out of “How the Grinch Stole Christmas,” and then how did they make it into a feature length movie?
Well… to the first, they added a song, and a bunch of repetition, for the second, they threw a bunch of money at the wall.
They Crew had a great season
A better season than most people would have predicted
Or did predict
I would be one of those people
It is unfortunate that they did not win the cup
Christmas is a round the corner
Seriously, it is right around the freaking corner
How the heck did it get this late in the year already
Someone answer me, dammit!
The ratties like playing with a feather
They also like chewing through power cords
Not Power Chords though… that would be awesome
The wife is heading out of country next week
Pretty much for the whole week
The kids are going to be so done with me by the time she gets back
So done with me
Have a great week everyone