Saturday my wife and I realized that we have been engaged for 19 years… that is a surprisingly long time to have committed to each other. It is a great time, to be sure, but long nonetheless. I just recorded a podcast with some fine fellows about voice control and user interfaces. It should be out next week or so.
Coming off of last week with the repost of the first 20 Questions I ever answered, I figured I would just let the topic ride… So there is no topic for today, just random questions. Thanks this week go to pfmdesigner, DR JHP, Lsig, Chris Corrigan, Newbold, and Chris Ring. On to the questions:
1. How excited for me are you that The Dazzler is going to be a featured member of the new A-Force?
2. With Mother’s Day approaching (technically, it is approaching), do the kids pick their own gifts, do you nudge, or does Wifey hint with direction?
I will flat out buy things for them to give the Wife, if they give anything at all.
3. I’m going to Chicago in March. Need anything?
Nope, I’m good.
4. What is your favorite aspect of The Dazzler?
Her disco ball mirrored roller skates… my Dazzler is an old-school dazzler.
5. Play “Date-Marry-Murder” using Pixie, The Dazzler, She Hulk.
I believe you mean “Fuck, Marry, Kill.” What’s this date crap? Kill Pixie because I have no real knowledge of her, marry She-Hulk because she would break me in bed, and take a ride on the Dazzler train... wow, this got crass really quickly
6. What the heck is potpourri anyway? Seems it was popular in the mid to late '80s but don't hear much about it now.
It has been replaced with the delightful chemicalness of Fabreeze.
7. What's for dinner tonight?
Maybe tacos, but I am not sure. (update: it was tacos)
8. How many licks does it really take to get to the center of a tootsie roll pop? That owl can't be trusted.
3, the owl is right... trust the owl... hoo... hoo
9. How do we fix the Eurozone fiscal crisis?
Clearly austerity measures in Greece is the solution… it is going so well.
10. Mounds or Almond Joy? Explain.
Neither because coconut is horrible
11. On a scale of 1 - 10, how gross do you find it to watch a kid wiggling a loose tooth?
About a 4
12. What upcoming movies are you looking forward to?
In calendar year 2015? the expected ones… the summer Marvel Blockbusters and Star Wars 7
13 What's the best book you've read recently?
I have not read anything for fun in the past 2 ½ years… ask me next year.
14. What is your dream job? (I'll accept both "reasonably realistic" and "getting paid to read books in a hammock while someone serves freshly made GF-donuts"-type answers).
I would love to do something artistic for a living… I have been really interested in drawing lately and I have some plans for my drawing coming up, but I really am interested in getting a job using this User Experience Design stuff that I have been in school for. I really enjoy it and would love to do it for a living.
15. What could compel you to move away from Columbus, if anything?
Cannot think of anything off hand, but if there is an offer that is sufficiently attractive enough, we would uproot the fam. I do not and cannot know what that offer could be until I see it.
16. Who will finish higher in the standings…Crew or Caps?
I have a good feeling for Columbus this year. The team we will have this year will be much more Berhalter’s team than the one that was fielded last year. I think the Crew and the Caps will be very similar in the standings, but the Crew edges them by 2 points at the end of the season.
17. 19 years eh? What’s the plan for the next 19?
Same as this one. Keep up active communication, don’t stagnate, and thank as many potential deities that I can think of for how lucky I am.
18. Can you spell that the way it sounds? Whats the origin of that? How come none of it smells like bacon? If you had to choose between 1 that smelled like fish and one that smelled like wet dog, which do you go for?
Nope, dunno, ‘cuase, I choose death
19. I change stature as I age, but my importance does not differ by age. My importance is manifested mostly when with my boss. When we part, I am of no importance. What am I?
You are a riddle whose googleable answer still seems weak.
20. What can you put in a wood box to make it lighter?
A-Hole… am calling you an A-Hole… the answer is also a “hole,” but you are an A-Hole for asking.
and one to grow on
21. What has a head, a tail, is brown and has no legs?
Mr Hankey the Christmas Poo?
Strange things are afoot at the Circle K
John Wick is a remarkably good movie
Marvel has joint screen rights to Spiderman now
Please not another origin story
Make the origin a poignant flashback in the first act of the movie
Nearing completion on another interview
Maybe next week
Definitely the next
I have homework to do and chapters to read
Have a great week everybody