On Friday May 8th I got my Masters of Science degree in User Experience Design from the Information Architecture/Knowledge Management from the School of Library and Information Sciences from the College of Communication and Information from Kent State University… That is a mouthful. Anyway… since finishing up I have drawn a few things and started really working on my portfolio and resume. I will be getting a few books that I have been neglecting since I started up that program, oh so long ago. Anyway… since I have been focused on this degree stuff for so long, it only made sense for me to focus a 20 Questions on the topic of “Degrees.”
1. Explain to me how the Fahrenheit scale works.
The German dude who came up with the scale, based the 0 on the lowest temp he could generate with a brine solution and the highest value of 100 being the “typical temperature of the human body.” He was very forward thinking since that scale encompasses all possible temperatures between 0 and 100...
2. What is the highest degree burn you have ever had?
3. What is the farthest north you have been? East? West? South? (see what I did there?).
The box that I have resided in during my tenure on Earth is 122 25’ W by 55 57’ N by 11 35’ E by 26 7’ N. I need to get to the southern hemisphere.
4. When was the last time you wore dungarees?
I am not sure that I have… maybe as a kid when my mom was dressing me, before I had any agency in clothing choice.
5. Which is your favorite kind of Degrees - Kelvin, Celsius, or Fahrenheit?
I have grown up in Fahrenheit, so that is my default… fun fact: Kelvin is not measured in degrees. Kelvin is an absolute scale like length or width.
6. Do you have a favorite 98 Degrees song? When will 98 Degrees finally unit for a reunion world tour?
I do not have a favorite… how can I pick just one?
when I don’t know any of their “work.” I think the reunion will happen in 2020, because hindsight is 20/20. It reads better if you say it out loud
7. Which of your myriad degrees did you most enjoy attaining?
Probably my BA in Mathematics… for I was an undergrad student with no responsibilities.
8. What is your favorite degree of angle? I'm partial to 45 degree, myself.
9. Isn't a degree just a piece of paper? I mean, really, now?
The degree is the vast amounts of vetted knowledge I have gained. The piece of paper is merely a symbol.
10. What is the most useless degree? For instance, there are some degrees that just don't make sense. Doctor of Laws? What does that get you?
I hate to say it, but I think that doctorates in the studio arts seem a bit much. It is really weird to have something so amazingly subjective as art labelled with doctorates and the such… Art is so incredibly subjective, almost anyone could be considered a doctor of philosophy in studio and fine arts.
11. Convert some commonly used temperatures to Kelvin and use them in a sentence.
Ummm… Okay, water freezes at 273.15K… So… that is a sentence I guess.
12. What is your favourite deodorant/antiperspirant? Is it Degree?
I am an Old Spice guy, myself. I love their “Fresh” scent, because I am so fresh
13. How many degrees of separation exist in your town? In Nova Scotia, it's basically two. If you meet someone you don't know, there's a likely chance you both have a common contact. Facebook has proved this in a very scary way.
I would say that there is probably 5 for completeness.
14. If you felt fine, but noticed your temperature was slightly elevated, what would you do?
Probably take some ibuprofen and get back to my regular schedule.
15. Within seven degrees, can you link yourself to Kevin Bacon?
Yep. One of my wife’s friends is honest to goodness friends with Rosario Dawson… from there it is easy peasy lemon squeezy.
16. Using only a pencil, draw 16-degree arc. How close did you get?
17. Over the weekend I met a newly-minted nurse. She received her degree from Kent State. Do you know her?
18. What is the nth degree?
The nth degree is the term used in mathematical equation to denote the power a number is raised to as that exponential goes to infinity.
19. What degree does a meteorologist get?
20. Is it what Tatoo exclaims when the Kree attack Fantasy Island?
Nope, He decrees “De Kree!”
Summa Cum Laude, bitches!
I have a few things that need to get done
So many things
Portfolio needs to be created
Article needs to be written
Sleep needs to be sleepened
Man, sleep really needs to be ensleepened
Who doesn’t love ensleepening?
We need a vacation
Have a great week everyone