Last week I was going to have a post, but things went to Hell super fast. Sunday my right heel was feeling a little ouchy. Monday morning I could not put weight on my right foot at all. Stupid heel. So Monday and Tuesday was all elevated and iced which curtailed my abilities to “do things.”
So, this week’s topic is “Injury.” Sure this is coming out on a Friday.
Shut up! That’s why.
1. Heat or ice?
Ice. Ice and elevation. Elevate that ice. That ice needs to be on the top!
2. Have you ever faked an injury to avoid something?
I don’t think I have faked an injury as much as I have overinflated the effects of an injury. Straight up fakery? Nope. Exaggeration? Yes.
3. Does it hurt when I do this?
Almost always, so please stop doing that.
4. Show me on the doll where the bad man hurt you?
The bad man did not hurt me on the doll’s surface. I cannot point to the doll’s mind, now can I?
5. What is the worst injury you have ever had?
I sprained my medial collateral ligament on my left knee back in college. Later, on crutches, I re-aggravated my recently sprained left hand. There were a couple of months in college that were rough injury-wise.
6. Have your kids ever had any significant injuries?
No, I don’t think so. I think it is only a matter of time for the girl though. She is really enjoying riding horses, which will result in some kind of injury eventually.
7. Have you ever injured someone else?
When I played soccer as a kid, I was adjacent to 2 guys who broke their arms by not landing correctly, and I broke one kid’s leg.
8. Have you injured any animals?
Not that I know of, and that is a terrible question. I am not a monster.
9. So… have you ever be In Jury?
Nope. I have never had jury duty.
10. So “Injury” is derived from the root of the word for “justice” and “just” with the negation of that idea using the prefix “in.” That root goes back to the Indo-European word “jus” meaning “right, or correct.” “Jus” is also the French word for beef juice that you dip prime rib into. Would it be correct to say that “injury” is what you do with a French Dip sandwich?
Nope, and since I have had to be gluten free, I have not had a French Dip sandwich (my favorite of all the sandwiches) and I miss them so. Gluten free bread just falls apart in au jus… in au jus and my tears.
11. How often do you injure your pride?
Well, you have to put yourself out there to actually do something worthy of misdoing bad enough that my pride could be injured. I mean… unless I find out that some read my blog and didn’t like it. That would make my pride hurt… oh so much.
12. Have you ever broken any bones?
3 toes and my left arm. Not at the same time. The toes when I was playing soccer as a kid and the arm a few years back on vacation.
13. Do you know what happens if you Google “injury questions” without using some kind of incognito mode? You get a bunch of personal injury lawyers ads popping up all over the place in your social medias. Did you know that? Did you?!?
14. What is the goto non-killing injury that Steven Seagal would always include in his 3 word titled movies: Hard to Kill, Above the Law, Out for Justice, Marked for Death, Cheese is Good, I Like Eggs, and Who’s That Girl?
The inverted elbow. It has to be the inverted elbow.
15. Is an illness an injury?
Nope, Injury denotes some kind of impact to a physical system of the body. Illness denotes some kind of reaction to a foreign body such as a virus or germ.
16. Can someone else’s illness injury you?
Yes, primarily an olfactory injury.
17. Have you ever injured yourself being ill?
Like crack a rib from vomiting too hard? Not that I remember. I have the aforementioned re-sprain of a hand due to crutches from another injury.
18. An injurious barb is only “likely” to cause mental or emotional harm. How likely for you?
Kind of likely, but I would never let you know. You would say, "Look at that tubby tubby 2x4 blogger over there with his dumb inability to publish on the day his blog is named after." and I would wave and smile like it ain't no thing. But I would cry myself to sleep, and potentially water down any au jus I could not use for a French Dip.
19. Is there an EDM group called N’Jur-E or something like that? Because there should be if there is not.
Not that I could find. Rapper or EDM would work.
20. I only got to 19 questions. I was hoping to round it out with 20 by today, but it looks as if I will stick on to 19.
Winthrop Bushwaddle, Second Earl of Northumbershire could be one of the best cat names I have ever thought of
It is too bad I am no longer an owner of cats
I miss them
It is weird that I sit around thinking of cat names
Even I recognize that
Our Vizslas are awesome, but I miss having cats
My heel is hurting a bit
But not as bad as last week
I should probably be icing the heel right now
Not like that
or like that
Even as you read this
Regardless of when you specifically are reading this
I need to be drawing more
Should have an interview ready for next week
It has been a while since you have had the opportunity to read someone else answer 20 Questions
OH in a meeting “It should be almost right.”
Friday is the new Tuesday
Do some good out there this week people
Have a great weekend everyone