Wow… is it October already? Wow. Umm… I have been really lax in my posting lately. Things are going on people, and it has been making it difficult to muster up the energy to post.
1. Best surprise you ever read?
That Snape was super in love with Harry’s mom.
2. Best movie surprise?
The most recent one is when they stopped the monologuing trope in Ex Machina. When General Hux tells Poe his plan.
3. Best Surprise gift?
My parents got me the Franklin Mint Looney Tunes chess set… I was not expecting it. They were not expecting me to take another year at college and backhandedly gave it to me as a Christmas gift, making sure to tell me that it was “SUPPOSED” to be a graduation gift, but since I was taking another year...
4. Funniest surprise your kids ever gave you?
This is a hard one to think through. I think when Little Man decided that he was “going to try new foods” as a New Year’s Resolution a few years ago. Now he loves Indian Food.
5. Best surprise you ever pulled off?
I am not big on surprising people. I am sure I have surprised some people, but I cannot think of any right now. If I have surprised you, leave a comment.
6. My aunt & uncle always made everything for my cousins a "surprise"-- even, like, going to a movie with us or meeting us out for lunch. Surprises can be fun, but doesn't it take away some of the joy of antici........pation, if everything is a surprise?
If everything is a surprise, then nothing is.
7. Have you ever had a surprise party?
I have not.
8. Are you surprised your 20 Questions thing is still going on?
9. Do your kids like surprises?
I think Q does more than Little Man, but they both seem to be okay with them.
10. My boss and his wife just had baby number 4 this weekend (editor’s note: this was weeks ago) - Hoping this would be a girl after four boys. But they’re very happy to welcome Thomas into their family
In this day and age so many people find out what the baby will be and they’re not surprised. What is your personal feeling on finding gender out before baby arrives? 11. And how does that influence your perception of who that child might be. 12. Does it give you preconceived notions? 13. Do parents prescribe traits to the kid before the kid shows you their personality?
Imma answer this one as if it is 4 questions.
10. At some point there will always be a sex reveal regardless of the increased capability of medical technologies. Even if diagnostically we are able to determine the potential sex of a newly fertilized egg (if that egg becomes a fetus and goes to term) the moment it is revealed, it is a surprise. So, I say, find out as soon as you can because coming up with names is a hard process.
11. People already have ideas of what their children will be like. Everyone out there has a story they tell themselves of what their male and female kids would be like. All of them have been wrong. Every single one.
12. Yes… you know that was either an amazing pun (“preconceived notions”) or just the literal truth, because these notions often exist prior to conception.
13. Of course. People are pattern analyzers. We always find patterns even when they aren’t there.
Now back to the regular questions.
14. Are surprises ever really a good thing?
They can be. Most things are not inherently good or bad.
15. Ever had a surprise ruined?
Again, I don’t have tons of surprises. It is not a thing I gravitate towards. I am sure I have, but it clearly did not traumatize me.
16. Was Sir Prize the worst of the Knights of the Roundtable?
Nope, that honorific goes to Sir LaTable.
17. Do you think that marriage proposals should be a surprise?
Complete surprise? Hells no. A little bit of a surprise? Sure
18. What are your thoughts on those servicemen and servicewomen who surprise their family/kids at a sporting event or at a restaurant or things like that? They just tug at the heartstrings, don’t they.
I hate those videos. The returning service member spends time setting up the reveal that they could have spent actually with their family. It takes an intensely emotional reunion and cheapens it for the spectacle.
19. What question do you ask yourself that has the most surprising answers?
“Is that really true?” It is something I constantly ask myself about thoughts in my weird head.
20. Are you surprised to be on Question 20?
Nope, that is what is always right after 19 for these posts.
I apologize profusely for missing so many posts
I don’t think I am completely “up-to-speed” with this new normal I am dealing with
I have let a few interviews rot on the vine as well
So I will be getting back into those
I have so much bedding laundry to do
It is like all of the blankets in the house decided to need cleaning
A couple weeks ago I made a shrimp and grits recipe and the textures were amazing, but the flavors were off
Last week, I made a different shrimp and grits recipe and the flavors were on point but the textures were awful
Next week, I will Frankenstein those 2 recipes together and make Frankenstein’s Shrimp and Grits
Many people will call the dish Frankenstein
But we all know that it will actually be Frankenstien’s Dish
Little Man ran a 17:55 5k race over the weekend
That is insane
Well, this laundry isn’t going to fold itself
Have a great week everyone