The issue with color is that it is purely an expression of each individual’s incorrect perceptions. People with color deficiency (color blindness) don’t realize that they cannot perceive colors like other people until they are told so via a color spectrum acuity test. That is what color is fascinating.
1. What’s your favorite ice-cream flavor and does that equal your favorite color of ice cream? If not, what color do you wish your favorite flavor was?
If I am unfamiliar with what a particular ice cream parlor distributes, I always go to their version of vanilla as a kind of benchmark test. Vanilla ice cream is a great blank tableau to assemble frozen treats on… that being said, my favorite flavor right now is Salty Caramel by Jeni’s Splendid Ice Cream… so good….
It’s color is a weird earthy tone… it is a light yellowish brown, and it is delectable, but there is something about the allure of snow white ice cream with vanilla bean flecks in it just calling you to consume it…
Everyone who can get the Jeni’s Salty Caramel, should get it and make a root beer float with it. You. Are. Welcome.
2. Being a man married to a woman of color, do you have a hard time relating to white supremacist view points?
Much harder time now than when I lived in Alabama… oh the terrible, horrible racist jokes I told in school… to my very few childhood friends who still live in ‘Bama… I am so grateful to have escaped there. Even if you do not move, make sure you at least vacation out of the state. It does change perspective.
3. Have you ever tasted the rainbow?
I don’t like the purple ones….
4. I was always fascinated by the band name “Color Me Badd.” The name itself is practically an imperative sentence, demanding of us, the listeners to color him/her/them “badd,” but I was always of the opinion that they did a fine job of coloring themselves bad all on their own without my help.
The extra “d” is for “extra doofy.”
5. I know I won't be the only one to ask, but can you paint with all the colors of the wind?
Unsurprisingly, you are the only one to ask this. No one can paint with wind… well maybe Startibartfast…
6. If you had synesthesia, what would a rainbow sound like?
A harp, which would oddly taste like pop-rocks
7. In your box of 64, which was the last crayon to have its tip rounded over?
8. Blue M&Ms, genius, or insanity?
Those are not mutually exclusive categories… even with that being the case the answer is “neither.”
9. Is there a food you won't eat based solely on the color?
I choose to answer this in the way of the food looking a different color than it is supposed to… and potentially being either “weepy” or “fuzzy” pending on the food. In those instances, a resounding Yes.
10. Whats your favorite color and why?
Green, it is soothing to me like aloe leaves
11. Whats up with coloring books anyways?
Don’t rightly know at my advanced age of 40, but I can tell you that 6 yr old loves them.
12. Is it good to be colorful?
13. Are there more colors in the spectrum that the human eye can't pick up and how would you know that?
You can measure the wavelengths, and since wavelengths are a continuous, there is an infinite amount of lengths between any 2 points on the visible spectrum… the human eye cannot distinguish infinitesimal gradations so there are an infinite amount of colors that we cannot perceive. I know this because I get lost when I contemplate infinity… when you stare into the endless void…. it stares back… it stares back...
14. What color is the moon anyways?
Surprisingly it is a medium warm gray. Kind of like a dull muted granite.
15. Why is there a “color” commentator in the typical 2 or 3 person sports announcer teams?
There are typically 2 types of people in the booth. The primary person is the “play-by-play” commentator with one of the other people in the booth being the “color guy.” This person is usually an ex-player of the sport in question an is there to provide experiential insights into what is happening on the pitch/field/court/ring/etc… The color person is there to add flavor. They are usually hilariously awful.
16. How do you color your marker jobbies?
Start out with lightest colors as flats, then medium tones, then shadows. Then I add white highlights and re-ink to create strong dark blacks on the cards. That’s it. One of these days I will post a process gif... that is not today though
17. Do you have any issues perceiving any colors?
Not technically speaking, or more to the point, not that I know of. I can continue to pass those trace the number color acuity tests, but of all the colors I deal with reds to oranges to browns can get muddy for me.
18. Do you know anyone who is colorblind?
Yep, but we were not close… oddly enough he was red/green color deficient and was a cartographer… a terrible terrible map maker.
19. Is there a color trend going on right now in graphic design?
Of course there is… it is all of the off-jewel-tone colors going on right now. You can see the palette when you look at iOS 8. Apple is nothing if not in the moment.
I am a nightmare walking, psychopath talking
King of my jungle just a gangster stalking
Living life like a firecracker quick is my fuse
Then dead as a deathpack the colors I choose
Red or Blue, Cuz or Blood, it just don't matter
Sucker die for your life when my shotgun scatters
We gangs of L.A. will never die - just multiply
this… isn’t really a question… I’m not really sure what to do with it
You see they hit us then we hit them
Then we hit them and they hit us, man
It's like a war, ya know what I'm sayin'
People dont even understand
They don't even know what they dealing with
You wanna get rid of the gangs it's gonna take a lotta work
But people don't understand the size of this
This is no joke man, this is real
You don't know me, fool
You disown me, cool
I don't need your assistance, social persistance
Any problem I got I just put my fist in
My life is violent but violent is life
Peace is a dream, reality is a knife
My colors, my honour, my colors, my all
With my colors upon me one soldier stands tall
Tell me what have you left me, what have I got
Last night in cold blood my young brother got shot
My home got jacked
My mother's on crack
My sister can't work cause her arms show trax
Madness insanity live in profanity
Then some punk claimin' they understandin' me
Give me a break, what world do you live in
Death is my sect, guess my religion
...right … Imma ignore the rest of this
I need to color a pic of Hawkeye tonight
Not sure that will happen
I also need to sleep since I didn’t sleep well last night
I also have a Punisher to ink and color
And I still haven’t inked those Doctors I did a few weeks back
I am getting behind on stuffs
I have a friend who has published a book
No, seriously, go buy it... now
The youngest is doing some kind of moon chart for school right now
I am sure it is all pagan and stuff
Just hope it does not involve some kind of sacrifice on Sam Hain or something like that
Kids usually sacrifice parents, right?
I do get to say stuff like it is a waxing gibbous though
Which is well and truly awesome
Have a great weekend everyone