It is crazy cold today… crazy cold out of nowhere crazy cold. It was a comfy 40’s and 50’s on Sunday, but today it was 10… sweet giblets and gravy that is a shift. Monday was the first snow of the season, and it was a gorgeous snow at that. Anyway, the first snow made me think that this topic could work out as a great topic of a post, and I was right. It’s my blog, I can be right, and then I had a final project that had to be finished, so this post got delayed… So it is 20 Questions Tuesday on a Thursday!
Thanks this week go to Justin Render, pfmDesigner, lsig, Nadolny, and some other guy. On to the Questions.
1. Well here in South Africa we didn't have snow, but I did get caught in a heavy hailstorm while on my motorbike and got pelted with ice, got soaking wet and came very close to hitting the tar with my face several times.
So I guess my question would be: if you were caught in a blizzard, what vehicle would you choose to be caught in and why? (Fictional vehicles can be considered).
Battle Cat, because green and yellow striped badass cat, that’s why.
2. Who is working to breed tauntauns? Is there a Kickstarter?
I wish there were a kickstarter… I hear they smell better on the outside
3. Would Santa be able to expand his operations if we had nuclear winter?
4. When my brothers and I got too rambunctious in the winter, mom would send us outside to see if we could find two snowflakes exactly alike. What do you do to take advantage of your children’s trust?
Everything I can, the problem is that the little buggers keep getting smarter and less trusting of my ideas.
5. What were your childhood winters like (I don’t know what kind of winter weather Alabamoids enjoy)?
We would get an inch or 2 of snow a year with the occasional 4 to 8 inch snowstorm...the rest of the time it was rainy and gray.
6. Just to settle a bet, when you lay on your back in the snow and wave your arms and legs, what does the resulting impression look like?
Oddly a chalk outline… I try not to lay down on the ground for any reason now.
7. Does your reaction to the first snowfall of the year differ significantly from that of your kids? Your spouse?
It does not differ that greatly from my wife, but it is not nearly as enthusiastic as the kids.
8. Do you have a first memory of snow? (I spent my entire childhood in NE Ohio, so I don't).
I was carrying christmas cupcakes to my kindergarten class on the breezeway at Chalkville Elementary School and a strong gust of wind caused me to stumble, and when I stumped I saw a little tiny snowflake blow by.
9. How soon after it first snows are you sick and tired of snow?
About the same time that I have to shovel the walk.
10. How pretty was that snow?!
I know, right? it was gorgeous.
11. Did you have a scraper in the car, or did you have to go hunt it down out of the garage or such?
I had to take my wife’s car, so I was unaware where the scraper was. I am waiting for her to get back so I can figure out where the thing is.
12. Do the kids trudge to school in this?
Nope, their stories as a kid will revolve around the horrible commute both ways in the car.
13. Any idea where the kids winter boots are?
Yup… Found both pairs. Neither pair fits the wee beasties now.
14. Think the kids will come home with sopping wet socks?
Nope… they are not going to go outside if they can help it.
15. How pretty was the snow?!
It really was pretty. I should have gotten a pic, but my phone is the broken.
16. What about the cold associated with the snow?
It was bitter… so so bitter. We went from above freezing to crazy below freezing with annoying wind chill in about 18 hours.
17. Did the kids play in the snow?
Hells no! It was waay too cold to play in.
I know… hollleeeee shit
19. Did the snow warrant a 2 hour delay for school on Monday?
Nope, I think it was a matter of “First Snow” over-reaction… I seem to remember this happening last year as well.
20. Was there a run on milk and bread like there is when people see a flake of snow in Alabama?
Nope, roads were clear by noon.
Big project for school went out this week
Sorry for the delay
I should be on time and under budget the rest of the year
Only 2 more classes left until degree time
It was crazy cold on Tuesday
The wife has been out of the house since Sunday
It has been a bit difficult… the house is a wreck
But now I am going to clean things up before she gets home
She will never know
Our secret, right?
Snitches get stitches
Snitches. Get. Stitches.
Have a great week everyone