This is the end of the year 2014 post. It has been a fun year and I am very happy with where the blog is this year. I had 8 interviews completed this year, so if you want to look at those they are Tom Merritt, Wil Anderson, Phil Hilliker, Ryan Connolly, Paul Armstrong, Daniel Squizzato, April Richardson, and Tom Gehrke. The interviews are my usual smattering of Internet peeps/podcasters, comedians, and artists. More of these to come in 2015.
1. What is your best memory from the Sochi Olympics?
That is a great question. I think it was simply watching the Olympics with the fam. We all would sit and watch the events together on the couch. It was great watching the kids get into it. They were super excited by snow cross and ski-cross, so those were fun events to watch.
2. Best movies of the year?
Hmmm… I did not see an incredible amount of movies this year, and I most likely did not see the best of them. I did see some entertaining movies that I really enjoyed though. So there is that. I was impressed with the Lego Movie, Captain America: The Winter Soldier, Big Hero 6, and Guardians of the Galaxy. I felt that The Amazing Spiderman 2 and the Hobbit: Battle of the 5 Armies were fine, and Peabody and Sherman was a little weak, but the kids loved it.
3. How will 2015 be better than 2014?
I will finish this degree and get a new job, as God is my witness.
4. Did you have a new year's resolution for 2014 that wasn't such a good idea after all?
I did not really make many, and the ones I did were not crazy of the wall. So.... no.
5. Will we remember Iggy Azalea in 2015?
6. What goal(s) did you achieve in 2014?
I finished up my final project for my degree. I won another Ten Ton Studios Sketch Challenge and did well at Cincy ComiCon. I also made it to 40 years old in relative health which is surprising, because I don’t feel like I am 40… maybe 35-ish.
7. What goal(s) did you fail to achieve in 2014?
Get a new job… and I stopped exercising. That is something that I need to get back on.
8. If 2014 were a color, what color would it be?
9. Which month was the MVP of 2014 for you?
Hmmm… We knocked December out of the park.
10. Was there any point in 2014 that you felt like giving up the 20QT blog?
Not in 2014… 2012, 2013 most definitely, but not in 2014.
11. Personally how does this year end for you: a win, lose, or draw?
2014 is has a checkmark in the win column.
12. Favorite memory with the family/friends from this year?
That is a hard one. There are so many good ones. Right now a flood of memories from the year are flowing past me and I am having difficulty snagging just one without going to the next. As far as my favorite? Just thinking about the year in this way has been a gift in and of itself.
13. If you had one do over for the year what would that be?
I would have done a bit more for the wife’s 40th… I had grand plans that I abandoned due to a miscommunication in early 2013.
14. Top five events from your family this year?
5. Addition of the ratties to the household
4. The kids’ special camps this summer
3. Discovery of the dreamliner seats at Marcus Cinemas… makes going to the movies better
2. Vacation in NC
1. Christmas 2014
15. Top five career moments?
5. Accruing enough vacation to go on a long vacation
4. This job is a paycheck
3. That’s all I got for my jobby job
2. I got out earlier on Friday a couple of times
1. Paid freelance mapping and illustration work not affiliated with my “career.”
16. Top 5 artistic accomplishments?
5. 222 notecard sketches for the year
4. I was really happy with some of the poses I drew this year
3. outlining a previously un-discussed project that shall remain undisclosed until I feel comfortable talking about it… gimme some space. I need to get my degree done first
2. Won a well-populated Ten Ton Studios Sketch Challenge
1. Paid freelance mapping and illustration work
17. Top 5 personal moments?
5. Made it to 40 Years old
4. 19 years in relationship with my amazing wife, 17 of which we have been legally roped together
3. Won a well-populated Ten Ton Studios Sketch Challenge
2. Paid freelance mapping and illustration work
1. 8 amazing interviews for 20 Questions Tuesday
18. Top 5 things that happened in the world?
Gonna go with my most impactful 5 for the year in the US, primarily... (you can Google them yourself)
5. The Sony hacks… I know it seems trivial, but I think this is a big event because it will be the first BIG company hack event in a long and damaging line of huge company hacks… the next one up will most likely be a large lending institution.
4. The continued acceptance of same sex marriage in the US. Currently, I think 35 of the 50 are allowing same sex marriage.
3. Russia invading the Crimea in Ukraine. This is not covered much here in the US… at the moment, but it smacks of some Archduke Ferdinand shit in the long run
2. Syrian Civil War and its consequences
1. The re-awakening of mainstream acknowledgement of institutionalized racism in the US… Racism is real, yo, and it is really bad for people of color.
19. What is the biggest tech story of 2014 in your opinion?
Bilateral mind-controlled prosthetic arms… yep, I guy can control 2 prosthetic arms with his mind now…. A.MAZ.ING.
20. So… 2014? That was a year, wasn’t it?
2014 was a pretty darn good year
I have a good feeling about 2015
Star Wars 7
That is pretty banner right there
5 more months of school until I am done
Anyone need a guy about to get a MS in User Experience Design?
I am trying to sleep better
It is not working great
I tend to stay up late because that increases the amount of time that I am conscious and not in my cubicle
This is sketch 222 for the year
I love Spiderwoman’s new togs
I also like using the word “togs” to signify clothing
Happy new year everyone
Have a great week everybody