This year is coming to an end. Overall it was a good year, and we will get into the nitty gritty about that in the questions in just a second. Since this is the last Tuesday of the year, the topic is clearly “2015.”
Thanks this week go to pfmDesigner (who should do a 20 Questions Tuesday himself), Lsig (who should do a 20 Questions Tuesday in the modern era), Chris Ring (who did a 20 Questions Tuesday a while ago), Chris Corrigan (who also did a 20 Questions Tuesday), and DrJHP (who should do a 20 Questions Tuesday as well). Of you three, who is game at being email buddies for a bit? Anyway, on to the questions…
1. Who, in your opinion, is the most surprising presidential candidate announced in 2015?
2. Tech-wise, what has been the greatest consumer product released in 2015?
3. Has there been a must-have toy in the last year that as an adult you are unable to see the appeal of?
Does Minecraft count? even though it is from way earlier than 2015? Okay… Actually, most the toys I know of from this year make sense. They are all mainly product tie ins.
4. Where has the Yeti been in 2015? Do the Yeti and the Pine Marten ever get together?
The Yeti of old has not been on contact with me… I imagine the pine marten is tormenting the Yeti.
5. What was the best book you read in 2015?
6. What will you be glad to leave behind when the new year starts?
2015 was a pretty good year, all in all. I cannot think of anything that needs to be left behind, that can be left behind.
7. What was the high point of this blog in the past year?
I think it was the interviews this year. All four were really great for different reasons.
9. Best Movie of 2015? Worst Movie of 2015?
Going to go with movies I actually watched, not of all possible movies of the year. Best movie experience I had was Star Wars: The Force Awakens… it was a fine story, but the experience was the best because of watching the kiddos enjoy the movie. Worst? hmmm… Minions… there was an excuse of a story. It was purely a marketing money grab.
10. Best Comic you read in 2015?
Deadpool & Cable: Split Second
11. Best memory from 2015?
Going on the best damn vacation ever… best vacation even though I broke my arm with days to go.
12. In 2015 I didn't . . . . . . . ? I'm going to fix that in 2016.
Get a new career in a new field… I will get employed in 2016
13. What five things from 2015 do you never want repeated?
Trump being popular, he is a misogynist jerk
#BlackLivesMatter having to exist
Trump being popular, he is a racist ass
Breaking my arm
Trump being popular, he is an ableist, classist narcissist
14. Funniest thing each of your kids did.
Little Man: discovered sarcasm, real sarcasm
Q: so many things. She is seriously a funny chick
15. What was the biggest surprise of 2015?
Really seeing how racist my country is… I am appalled by what is issuing forth from the frothing mouth breathers
16. 2015 should be remembered as the year of the _______
American “Post-Racial” awakening.
17. Any defining moments for you in 2015?
Getting my MS in User Experience Design… now I need to find a potential employer willing to take a risk on me switching careers
18. What will you miss about 2015?
I cannot think of anything specific.
19. When you were a kid did you even think 2015 was possible? I thought 2001 was it!
Every year the number referencing that year gets more ludicrous.
20. On that thought, if you could take one thing from 2015 back to you, in say 1985, what would it be?
My confidence in myself, although that would have made me quite the more annoying 11 year old though.
I am getting ready for 2016 to be here
2015 was not bad though
I am still writing a blog in the age of podcasts
Should I try and step it up to some kind of podcastable thing?
Asking for a friend
Not sure I want to take on a podcast, but it might be fun
Going to one of Little Man’s friend’s house for the New Year’s Eve festivities
I have started the exercising again
We will see how the body responds
So far? Ouchy
I need to eat healthier as well
These are NOT resolutions
These are factual statements
Not sure if anything will be done about these statements
Our Internet connection is crappy right now
It is eating into the girl’s YouTube time and the boy’s Star Wars Battlefront time
There has been much clothes rending and gnashing of teeth
We have switched out all of our Internet equipment
Cable modem, wifi router, coaxial cable, network cable, etc…
Still having issues with it
Might need to switch providers, but going to try 2 more things first
Have a great week everyone