This week I looked into the well of 20 Questions Tuesday topics and there was nothing… Absolutely nothing. So Nothing is the topic. The topic is Nothing. Here we go with Nothing. the funny thing is that early on in the proto version of this blog I often waxed eloquent about “Nothing.”
Anyway… To my wife, Dr JHP, pfmDesigner, and some other guy… Thanks for nothing.
Sinead O'Connor has said she won't sing "nothing compares to you" anymore basically because she's not feeling it. Here are your questions:
1. Is this a legitimate position for an artist to take...not going to sing my most popular song because it no longer makes me have the feelz?
Is it legitimate? sure. Is it shitty? You bet. It is legitimately shitty.
2. Does anyone care? Would they even have noticed that she wasn't singing it anymore?
She is like a bird without a song… if you will.
3. Was her version or Prince's version better?
I like hers better than his, mainly for nostalgia purposes. But is is clearly a Prince song... it smacks of Prince Rogers Nelson all over the place.
4. Prince basically recorded it because he was jealous that another singer made one of his songs popular... can you think other people who have covered a song better than the original artist?
Yes, I can. Most of those late in life Johhny Cash.. For example his version of Rusty Cage by Soundgarden. Ray Charles doing “Georgia” as well. Also there is a pretty awesome podcast called “Coverville” hosted by Brian Ibbott that is all about covers.
5. Is “nothing” sacred?
Yes, yes it is. If anything is sacred, it is most definitely nothing.
6. Nothing ventured nothing gained. But if you venture a little does the gain increase in proportion or more exponentially?
Nope. that graph is a typical bell curve. Shoot for the 1st Standard Deviation past the mean.
7. Ain't nothing like the real thing? What does that mean?
it means, and I quote, “ain’t nothing but the real.” I think they wasted Pearl Jam on that one, but Cypress Hill sounded great.
8. Ain't nuthing but a g thang? Explain some more!
I wouldn’t understand, due to my non-g-thang status. Sorry
9. To prevent the Nothing from winning, what would you have named the Empress?
Fantasia, and then she would have sung.
10. If you were a bear, what would you do when you were doing nothing?
Shit in the woods? Did I get that right?
11. “I’ve got nothing” is a phrase often heard. Come up with a witty rejoinder
We all have nothing. At the very least we have nothing.
12. What is your favorite question to which the answer is “nothing.”
What’s wrong, baby?
I see what you did there, or, more specifically, didn’t do there. Well played
14. What is the opposite of nothing if nothing is the least component to anything else?
Well, if the minimal component to anything is nothing, then the opposite of nothing is everything that does not exist.
15. What is the opposite of everything?
The opposite of everything is nothing that does not exist.
16. The Devil is greater than nothing.
Nothing is greater than God.
By definition, The Devil is greater than God.
Transitive property at work. The logic is sound.
17. Is space filled with nothing?
It at least contains nothing… it is a vacuum, so there is no matter, but fields exist which is more than nothing.
18. Clear your mind… tell me of your nothing.
19. So, what exactly is nothing?
Precisely? Nothing is the set A such that there are no members of the set. A = [ ] or sometimes referred to as the null set or Ø. Sadly this means that the set A actually = [Ø] which has a membership but signifies nothing… I always end up talking in circles when I defining nothing.
Sound and fury, baby. Sound. And. Fury.
I have school work that I am neglecting
Stupid school work and its school workiness
I am a 40 year old man, I should not have school work
In the immortal words of Mutough… “I’m too old for this shit.”
We have a houseguest for the week
She is delightful
And a bunch of fun to be around
I need to post this
Read some chapters
Look at some data
And enjoy the company of a friend
Have a great week everyone