This week it is a nice rainy summer day. By “nice” I mean “slightly cool” and by rainy I mean it has been raining a whole bunch. Suck it California. Yesterday I poured out a cup of water just because it was not room temperature enough.
Anyway, this week’s topic is summer. We are now in the thick of summer since July is upon us. This week’s questions were provided by Lsig, Nadolny, and pfmDesigner. The three of you rock. Onto the questions.
1. Is the livin' really easy in the summertime?
No easier than in late spring or early fall. Basically, you do not have to bundle up. I guess that makes it easier.
2. How is your kids' experience of summer different from yours when you were a kid?
They have waaaay more prepared stuff to do. My summers consisted of maybe a week of vacation bible school in the mornings, soccer camp for a week and then playing outside the rest of the time. My kids have real honest to goodness day camps with specializations (horse riding and computer game creation), and trips to the pool and other stuff.
3. Do your eating habits change in the summer?
I try to eat more fruits and veggies in the summer just because they are in season. Also there tends to be more grilling.
4. Do your sleeping habits change in the summer?
I find it marginally easier to get out of bed in the mornings. Knowing that I do not have to be concerned about getting myself warm enough is extremely helpful.
5. What is the cure for the summertime blues?
I am just guessing here, but I bet it is whipped cream.
6. Have you ever sang "In the Good Old Summertime" while dancing down the street wearing a orange striped suit and wearing a straw hat?
6a. Why not?
That is not my bag… and my lovely wife is not my tootsie-wootsie in the Good Ole Summertime.
6b. When will you?
Is never actually a time? Never is the absence of a specified time.
6c. What would entice you to do so?
You do not have the capital.
7. Smores, for or agin?
used to be for… Now with the glutens… agin.
8. Do you have summer fire pit parties at night on weekends? When should we come over?
Nope, but I have thought about getting a pit together. You want to help set that up?
9. How's your sons competitive swimming going?
He is doing great. He is setting personal records left and right. He seems to be really enjoying it as well, which is good.
10.Favorite summetime song, other than "In the Good old Summertime"?
“Cruel Summer” by Bananarama
11. Should we DDT the area to kill all the mosquitos?
nope, I like hearing birdies.
12. Did you run behind the mosquito fogging truck when you were a kid? No? Ok, maybe it was only my neighborhood that was nuts.
Nope… I grew up in Alabama… we just had to deal with the ‘squitos.
13. What did you do as a kid in the summer, that kids today don't do because of lawsuits and such, that you think would be good for kids to still do?
Well, it seems like kids cannot be free-range these days. I would live in the woods almost all day long as a kid.
12. Did you ever ride in the back of a pickup truck without restraints, in the summer, to go to ball games or such?
Not to go to ball games or some such, but to get from point a to point b with an older friend who could drive? Yup.
13. Favorite summertime activity?
14. Favorite summertime food?
Corn on the cob… when it is in season, it is incredible.
15. Any summer foods from Bama that we don't really have readily available in Ohio?
Not especially. The foods from Bama that are difficult to find here are not seasonal in nature.
16. There's some talk of changing the fireworks laws. Currently, many States sell them at the borders to other States, with you indicating you won’t use them in the State they are sold in. This results in people driving to their own border area to grab fireworks and then using them in their own State anyway. Should we do away with this ineffective law, or continue to hold to the hope that people will obey it and not blow off their own fingers?
Fireworks laws and casino laws are designed to be ineffective.
17. What, as a child, did you do in the Summer that would totally freak your sh*t out to find your own kids doing today?
Some of the things I jumped off of with little to no regard for my safety… seriously, what the hell was i thinking.
18. Were you a shirt or shirtless Summer child?
I am a gentleman, if nothing else. I always had my shirt on.
19. What would be the worst real place on the surface of the Earth to visit in the Summertime? (Yes, I know that’s a lot of qualifiers, but I have spoken with you before and know how your mind can work.)
The school cafeteria… It smelled bad in the winter... I cannot imagine what it would be like in the summer
20. What color do you associate with Summer, and why?
Kind of a hazy sunshine yellow… all my summer memories are tinted that color, like faded pictures from the 70’s.
and since June 21st is my birthday…
21. When you hear the word Summer, who is the first relative you think of, and why?
My brother, because we played outside together all summer long, until he got old enough to escape.
I have 25 more days to get myself comfortable on a bike
I am not comfortable on a bike
Teaching yourself how to ride a bike at 41 is not the easiest thing to do
I rode about 7 miles tonight
Before the rains came back in
Suck it California with your parched parched throat
The wife goes to the UK this weekend for a week
Being a bachelor at home is not nearly as easy when you have 2 kids
2 kids who are growing like weeds and hungry all the time
It will be a good week though
I am trying to figure out a show to stream that the wife would want no part of
Something super splody
Anyone hiring UXD peeps?
It needs to stop raining so I can mow the grass
Have a great week everyone