So… a day late and a dollar short. I got home from work last night and just crashed. I got my degree in the mail Monday afternoon and I think 3 years of pent up stress and anxiety came crashing through me. I was a spacey mess yesterday. I had trouble focusing and was just incredibly tired. So, even though I had questions to answer, I had no energy to answer them.
It has been crazy rainy around here as of late. So, it only makes sense that today’s topic is “Rain.” Thanks this week go to Lsig, Chris Ring, LaRock, Steev, some other guy, and the Wife. Onto the questions:
1. Is the rain currently falling on your head more like a tragedy or a new emotion?
More like a new emotion.
2. If you had to choose a rain of cats, dogs, or both, which would you choose and why?
This is hard because I like cats I would say cats, but if it is raining cats, those cats will be falling incredible distances, and those cats will plummet to their death… Same with dogs. When it rains cats and dogs, those animals will die. I cannot in good conscience select either, just know that I like cats more than I like dogs.
3. If it were literally raining men, do you think "hallelujah" would be the thing people would shout? (I am skeptical).
More likely “ahhhhhhhhhhh” from the men falling to their deaths and “LOOK OUT!” or “OH MY GOD, WHY ARE THERE MEN FALLING!” your ceiling cannot shield you from them… There really is no shelter available.
4. Which summer industry is most screwed by all this rain?
The sunbrella and retractable sun shade industry.
5. What would 40 days and 40 nights of this kind of rainfall look like? (Do math for me, baby.)
Yesterday we got .96 inches in 1 hour, .96 x 24 x 40 = 921.6 inches or 76.8 feet of water. Considering how fast the water exchange is for the ground and water table, let’s say that on average 10 inches of water a day can be exchanged per day, that leaves 521.6 inches or 43.4667 ft of water. That is an amazing amount of water. Basically we would all die.
6. Kelly Jones' or Peter Gabriel's "Red Rain" which did you enjoy more?
7. Do Rainy days and Mondays always get you down?
Mondays most definitely
8. Best Rainy day activity?
9. Did you ever have curbside "boat" races in the street with popsicle sticks during a summer downpour?
Jesus, Grandpa. Did you also like running down the street with your stick and hoop?
10. Best "Rain scene" from a movie?
I know it is not a movie, but the fight scene in Ep 1 of Daredevil Matt and the hired killer fall outside. That is the one that keeps coming back to me.
11. Where does rain come from?
God is crying… because of something YOU did. God has been crying a lot. What DID you do!?!
12. What is acid rain?
Acid rain is rain in which the water evaporated with some amount of sulfides. The sulfides accumulate in the clouds and then have a chemical reaction with the water to create some mild sulfuric acid. The water and sulfuric acid then falls as rain and over time the acid rain eats through things.
13. Is rainwater better for you than ground water?
Depends on what you want to do with it. As far as purity of being solely H20… I would have to guess rainwater. Ground water has too much potential to have picked up weird minerals on the way.
14. What's the deal with virga?
Virga, for those of you who do not know is the meteorological event where rain is visible in the air. but sublimates (vanishes) prior to hitting the ground. The atmosphere is weird, and virga is just part of that weirdness. Most rain starts out as ice and snow and just melts on its way down.
15. Fact or fiction, have other things like blood and frogs rained down from the sky?
If one defines rain as water that has evaporated from the surface, collected into clouds, and then condensed into rain… then no.
16. "The Rain in Spain" is a song from the musical My Fair Lady. Spanish rain does not actually stay mainly in the plain. It falls mainly in the northern mountains. The Pyrenees are Spanish mountains in the autonomous community of Aragon in northeastern Spain. Aragon, a medieval country should not be confused with the fantasy novel “Eragon” or the fictional character, Aragorn. Aragorn was not only a king but a ranger too. There was a ranger on The Red Green Show. He lived alone in a fire lookout tower somewhere in Canada. Do you think it rains more in the mountains of Canada or Spain?
17. Favorite word for rain?
18. What does it mean when they say a tornado is rain-wrapped?
Tornados are a tightly packed anti-cyclone that has enormous energy in an updraft. This updraft often sucks and potential rain up and away from the tornado giving it a relatively rainfree area of effect. This often makes the tornado very visible because there is no rain obscuring visual detection. A rain-wrapped tornado is one where there is a rain shield around it obscuring it from visual detection. Rain-wrapped tornadoes are very scary.
19. So, is it going to rain tomorrow?
Somewhere? Yes. Everywhere? No.
20. Cold-front or warm-front, which is your fav?
I tend to like cold fronts better.
and one more because it is Wednesday and I owe you one.
21. “Blue Eyes Crying in the Rain” is a Willie Nelson song… Name three others
Oh… shit. Umm… “On the Road Again,” “To All the Girls I’ve Loved Before,” and …. and …. um… “Poncho and Lefty.” You will not believe the mnemonic device I had to remember for that last one.
Sorry this is a day late
Not super sorry
Only kind of sorry
Here are the drawings that Jimmy Pardo is getting for doing my 20 Questions
Anyone want to do a 20 Questions now?
Anyone want to ask me 20 Questions?
Interview will be coming up next week
We are on Question 18
Pretty sure we will hit 20 by Friday
You will not believe who this interview is
I could not believe it myself
I have things that need to be done before going to bed tonight
So, I will end this here
Have a great week everyone