Next week I should have another Interview 20 Questions ready for publishing. That will be nice. This week’s topic is ‘The Paranormal.” I have always loved the paranormal subjects, and one of the first books I ever read was all about paranormal synopses or the big paranormal things like ufo’s, bigfeets, lake monsters, etc… so here it goes.
Thanks this week go to my wife and some other guy. On to the questions
1. What is your favorite genre of paranormal stuff?
Cryptids… I love me some mythological and paranormal beasties
2. Is there a favorite crazy-ass conspiracy theory that you love hearing about?
I love all the Lizard Men, one government conspiracy shit. That stuff is just too good
3. Do you believe in ghosts? why or why not? (I’m onto you, no just answering “yes’ or “no.”)
Kind of… I do not believe in supernatural undead entities that have some level of autonomous agency, I do however think there may be the possibility of some lingering psychic energy that is deposited by people in extreme emotional states that can be experienced at a later time by some people. More of an impressionist painting of a ghost than the existence of ghosts per se.
4. Bigfoot or Yeti? Who wins?
No one wins, we all lose. each and every one of us. losers. Bigfoot and Yeti should not fight
5. Do you believe there are aliens?
In the entirety of the universe? Yes, bothering humans whilst we are stuck on Earth? Nope.
6. What is the most bizarre paranormal concept that you are willing to entertain with the rational part of your brain?
Djinn and/or Shadow People
7. Sometimes skeptics bend over backwards to make arguments against paranormal explanations. Are those skeptics just being irrational or more rational than the “true believers?”
They sometimes are a bit irrational in their denials… the overzealous skeptics seem to be incapable of saying “I don’t know how X works.” Occam's Razor, people, Occam's Razor
8. The X-Files and Project Blue Book were tv shows that focused on aliens a whole bunch. Do you think aliens have visited the planet?
If aliens have ever visited this planet it was long long ago. Otherwise refer to answer 5.
9. An octopus is an alien, right? I mean really?
That could very well be the case. Octopus DNA is significantly different from the norm… posssibly alienistic.
10. So, now that David Bowie is gone, is it more likely that he was actually the Goblin King or a space alien?
He is most definitely the Goblin King.
11. So, how much is complete crap on those “ghost hunters’ shows?
99% is complete crap… the 1% that isn’t is the credits at the end. Those people really did work on the show.
12. Trump is a troll, right? He has to be a magical troll that used to live under a bridge, right? That is the only thing that can explain it.
In the 1400’s Trump would have lived under a bridge and made goats pay him tribute.
13. So, the phrase “X is a goddamn unicorn” means that something is so amazing and rare to the point of uniqueness. Name one thing you personally think is a goddamn unicorn.
14. El chupacabra is the goat-sucker of Latin/South America… What’s it look like?
It is a little nosferatu-lookin beastie… which makes sense since it is a goat sucker.
15. What paranormal podcasts do you listen to and why?
I listen to 2 of them. The one I have been listening to the longest is Mysterious Universe… this show is hosted by 3 Australians and talks about the supernatural/paranormal stories of the day. The hosts believe in many of the topics they speak about, but do not blindly believe in all the stories they cover.
The second one is the podcast Lore. This podcast is purely amazing storytelling. It is the only about a year old and the bi-weekly eps are less than 30 minutes… I suggest everyone binge the heck out of it. Aaron Manke is an amazing storyteller.
16. The Yeti used to interact with the blog years ago, why do you think the Yeti has not interacted with you lately?
The yeti is no good at this web 2.0 environment. Once the Internet went social, the Yeti disappeared… makes me wonder if he was ever real anyway...
17.What are all the names for the large apelike bipedal creature of the forests of the world that you can think up without googling?
Okay, here we go… sasquatch, bigfoot, yeti, amok, orang pendak, skunk ape, wild man, abominable snowman, yowie, gigantopithecus (oh, I went there),
18. Did you ever watch the movie, Paranormal Activity?
Nope, not big on the horror movie scene.
19. Are mental powers like telepathy, telekinesis, clairvoyance, etc… real things? I really want to be an X-Man
I think some level of mental abilities exist, not to the X-Man levels you want them to be, but they can be there.
20. Your daughter keep asking to watch Paranorman, but you keep saying “no.” Do you hate Tim Burton, Anna Ferris? Tempest Bledsoe?
I think Paranorman would scare the absolute begeesus out of her. She is on the edge of really liking scary content and not have it bother her, but I think glowing ghost claymation characters might be a bit of an ask for her currently. I like Burton, Ferris, and Bledsoe.
Next week? Most likely another interview
At least I can hope that is the case
Either of a podcast producer or of a guy who makes props
Both are awesome
The producer is on Question 15
The props guy is on Question 18
Pretty sure one of the 2 will be done by Tuesday of next week
Rey toys are supposedly going to hit the market soon
The daughter AND the son will be getting some of those
Little Man was in on the Plants Vs Zombies: Garden Warfare 2 open beta this weekend
I found out waaaay more about Colonel Cob than I ever wanted to
I am mmmmmpig on the snapchat
I have no idea how to use snapchat, but I feel I need to figure that out
Anyone want to get a slack group together for 20 Questions Tuesday?
I have been getting on the treadmill lately… I hate it, and vicariously through it, I hate all of you
Have a great week everyone