There is no topic this week, or rather a myriad of topics. One might say a potpourri of topics. A melange of topics . Why isn’t there a coherent topic for today’s post? Shut up, that’s why.
1. What TV shows are you watching?
I am catching up on Supergirl now that the series is on Netflix, I am slowly catching up on the end of the seasons for the Flash, Arrow, and Legends of Tomorrow. I am watching Agents of SHIELD and @Midnight as well. We just subscribed to Curiosity Stream so I am eating up everything Professor Ian Stewart has created for the BBC and Discovery, and I am always on the lookout for good documentaries.
2. Any vacations planned?
Some ideas of vacations, but no concrete vacations planned.
3. Do the kids like school this year?
A little yes and a little no. Little Man is unhappy with the amount of work he has to do in 7th grade and Q is having some trouble with one of her teachers. It is not great.
4. How are the dogs?
Dogs are good. They are growing like weeds. I feel terrible for saying this, but one thing having dogs has made me realize, is that I really am not a dog person. I love my pups and will love them for the long term, but I don’t want no more doggies after them.
5. How is the job going?
It is going really well… I really do love it. Some laws have changed recently that might change how I am working, but I will cross that bridge when I get there.
6. What’s your favorite “That’s what she said” moment?
No such thing... Not sure why there is this weird extra spacing here... CSS? Why in God's name is this happening to me? (That's what she said)
7. Would you be willing to live in a sealab-type habitat for one year?
Maybe, I would need it to be incentivized somehow. We can talk prices later.
8. If you were invited to appear on the Jerry Springer Show without being told why, would you go?
Nope. No way in hell.
9. What classic movie would you like to see remade with modern techniques and cast?
That Darn Cat and the Christina Ricci / Doug E Doug doesn't count... I want a real remake that isn't so crappy.
10. Smooth or crunchy (you may assume I’m talking about peanut butter)?
11. How are you celebrating the good Captain's 40th birthday?
I will try and do something very British. It may involve bangers and mash and some upstairs/downstairs type TV viewing.
12. Do you own his first appearance in Marvel Team-Up or the Captain Britain mask that came with issue 1 of Captain Britain weekly?
Nope, I became aware of him as they introduced him in the X-Men prior to launching Excalibur.
13. What is your favorite iteration of the character?
I love the original character design. It is insane. So many elements all over the place.
14. What British writer would you most like to see pen a story of the Captain?
Maybe Grant Morrison. I don’t think he has ever touched that character.
15. When did the Ottoman Empire exist and why did it fall apart?
Okay the empire was stated to have had its inception in 1299 and it fell apart into multiple nation states. The fall of the Ottoman Empire was preceded by their loss in World War I… the concessions the Empire had to make made it internally weak and the susceptible to ethnic break-up.
16. Do you watch any of the YouTubes?
I am going to just list the channels I personally have subscribed to. Ali Spagnola, AWEme, Brian Brushwood, Chainsaw Suit Original, Cordkillers, Corridor Digital, Creative Station, Daly ShowTV, Epic LLOYD, Epic Rap Battles, Feminist Frequency, Film Riot, Geek & Sundry, Heather Rooney, Jeremy Colwell, Jonathan Roberts, LEGO, Major League Soccer, Marcello Barenghi, Marvel Entertainment, Nerdist, Postmodern Jukebox, Punished Props, Scam School, Science Show, Scott Johnson, Star Wars, Studio C, The Modern Rogue, Tim Merry, Tom Merritt, Universe Today, and the Van Vuuren Brothers... I don't watch all of these all the time, but I touch in with them often.
Wow… that is more channels than I think I actually watch.
17. What is your favorite thing to cook and why?
I really enjoy cooking in general and all that, but I think my favorite thing is the America’s Test Kitchen version of Maque Choux. It is so good!
18. What is your least favorite thing to cook and why?
Octopus… and duh...
19. What is the most endearing thing the dogs do? What is the most annoying?
Endearing… they are huggers. Cesca does it more so than Chewie, but they are huggers.
Annoying… they bark waaay too much
20. What is the one thing that you absolutely do not understand about your wife?
One thing? Pashaw… I cannot narrow it down.
The wife was sick today
I am grumpy
And a little burpie
Not like the exercise burpees
Those are tiring
I do need to exercise though
And I have a map commission that I need to finish up this weekend
It is a doozy
I’m gonna need to break out some old skool skilz
It is late
I need to make the cover image
I need to format the post
And I need to get to bed
Enough of this re-capping
Have a great week everyone