This week I should be ordering all of the Christmas presents for the year. Should be. We will see if that happens. My bet is that there will be a mad dash to Christmas to get the last stuff all together. Ergo, with this impending need of Christmas shopping completion, today’s topic is “Holiday Shopping.”
Thanks this week go to pfmDesigner, Nadolny, Chris Ring, and some other guy. Let’s get to the questions:
1. Do you try to spend the same amount for each child, or do you like to make the favoritism obvious?
We try to be equitable. The issue is that Little Man’s gifts tend to get more and more expensive, so he ends up getting less objects that are worth more.
2. At what grade do you stop sending a gift in for the kids’ teachers?
On purpose and not because you are a terrible parent who constantly forgets deadlines to give money to group gifts? 7th Grade. Otherwise 2nd. I am a terrible parent... It takes a community to make up for my lack of effort.
3.What is the latest you’ve ever hit the stores to get that one last gift?
Christmas Eve after a church service.
4. Was there a gift you received as a child that didn’t excite you then, but would thrill the grown-up you?
A nap. That’s a gift, right?
5. What has replaced Silly Putty as the best gift ever?
You have an egregiously faulty assumption in your question concerning the “best gift” status of “Silly Putty.” Specifically I do not think that Silly Putty ever was a “best gift” to be dethroned by something.
6. If stores offered (or offer) wrapping at a $1 a package, would that be something you'd pay for? $2?, $3, where's the line? Or do you all enjoy wrapping?
I am not the present wrapper for the family. That is my wife. Usually she loves wrapping, but with how much of a premium her time is now, wrapping sucks. My bet is if they could wrap on our schedule, she might be willing to pay a premium.
7. How hard are you to shop for? Many adults buy stuff when they want it (instant American gratification!), which makes it tough.
I am terrible to buy for because deep in my heart I do not feel that I deserve gifts and therefore do not let myself think about what I might like. So it is difficult for me to come up with ideas and difficult for others to think things up as well.
8. Best present you've ever heard of for Christmas? (skip the religious ones)
With how my life has been going recently, I think a nap.
9. Did you ever practice the thankfulness for gifts response from the kids? Like when they get an ugly sweater from an aunt or uncle "Oh, thank you so much" with a straight face.
The wife and I neglect our kids enough that even if they get a pack of gum from some obscure relative they are just insanely grateful that someone knows who they are.
10. Have you ever used the campy line "oh, no presents for me, your presence is present enough!"
Nope, because no one’s presence is a present to me. Not one person… well… maybe the wife. (by “maybe”, I mean, “definitely” the wife and kids… I’m not an animal.
11. Ever gotten coal for a present?
Nope, I am amazing
12. Are you pro/con on store bought bows on presents? Prefer the hand tied ones?
Bows are useless ornamentation. Unnecessary.
13. Ever open a present to see that it had broken? If so, was it because you shook the package?
I don’t think so. I am not sure
15. Worst person to buy for?
Off-hand, I would say me.
16. If you had to buy yourself a gift it would be?
Someone to paint my office. It is a horrid color right now. It needs painted badly.
17. Best gift you could get that cost $0?
Have I mentioned anything about napping yet? Because a nice nap would be amazing.
18. Where do you avoid shopping no matter what?
19. What is one store you always go shopping at every holiday buying season?
The Lego Store. The kiddos love them some Legos.
20. How did you do your holiday shopping as a child?
My mom would take me to Century Plaza Mall and I would go from store to store to store to find gifts.
The Wife just got back in town
It is delightful
Okay, I got nothing for the recap
I see Rouge One a Star Wars Story on Friday
So there is that
I hear it is good
I am happy for that
Star Wars is good for that
I like Star Wars stuff
It is usually at least relatively good
I hear this one is pretty darn good
In the meantime I have been watching The Modern Rogue on the YouTubes
It has nothing to do with Star Wars
I’m old because I call it the YouTubes
My 2 best childhood friends are now 43
At least I am not that old
Have a great week everyone