2016 has come and gone, and without getting too much into it, I think the roller coaster ride of 2016 will only be getting more roller coastery. 2017 will be like 2016+1. Plus ca change, plus ca la meme chose, nes pas?
Here is the thing for us gen x-ers out there and even the boomers and that lost group between the two. Our icons and idols are going to start dropping like flies, and 2016 was not even the start of it. Get ready to give tributes every year from now on, suckers. Our icons be dying, yo.
1. What are your top-three death predictions for 2017?
Freedom of the Press, Judicial Oversight, and Mainstream Media as a source for information.
2. In what month will there be a call for a presidential impeachment?
February, followed by March and April. The GOP will tow their line and squelch it and the Dems will give up on it by June.
3. In what month will there actually be an impeachment trial?
It will never make it far enough to get to a trial. Too many people in lock-step now.
4. In what month will President Trump use the F-word on live television?
5. Once Donald has used the F-word, will he be fined by the FCC, or will it then be considered acceptable to use in normal broadcasts?
He will be fined but will pardon himself while eating the Turkey that Obama pardoned this year.
6. 2016 was a leap year, so we got an extra day in February, we also got an extra second at the end of the year. Do you know anyone born on leap day? On non leap years, do they celebrate their birthday on the Feb 28th, Mar 1st, or not at all?
I do not know anyone off-hand who was born on Feb 29th. I would imagine I would make my birthday last for 2 days and everyone would need to venerate me for 48 hours for three years and then just have a party on the fourth.
7. 2017 is a prime number. Anything else mathematically interesting about it?
Not especially. I saw someone trying to do mathematical gymnastics with adding multiples of 420 and 69’s to get to 2017, but that is childish, because everything can be boiled down to 420 and 69... amiright?
8. How do you rate your 2016?
Personally? Pretty good. I was able to successfully switch careers at the age of 41 and then feel like I was contributing in the new career fairly quickly. The kids have done well this year and my wife is killing it this year with a bunch of different projects. This blog has done well this year because I have gotten a few really good interviews and was solicited to actually interview someone. The big negatives for the year are the societal impacts of the most recent election and how it has become demonstrably less safe for my interracial family.
9. What are you looking forward to in 2017?
Star Wars Ep VIII and some Marvel movies… there are all sorts of unseen activities and other things that could be amazing, but I don’t know what they are and therefore cannot look forward to them. Surprises be surprising, dawg.
10. What are you saying good riddance to from 2016?
I would like to say good riddance to the fear model that has been motivating/demotivating me for ages. It has been here long enough and now I need to be motivated by growth and challenge.
11. What are you saying hello to for 2017?
Being more present in my own skin. I need to get into better touch with my feelings. I need to be an adult with complex emotions instead of going through the motions and acting how “Hu-Mans” act.
12. Do you have a highlight of 2016?
Switching careers is a big one… and our second Backroads vacation is pretty amazing as well. I think those are the 2 primary highlights.
13. Sooooo… Trump… What happened?
There have been enough treatises out there about this that are amazingly well thought out. I am not going to weigh in beyond this. The short of it is that the mainstream white establishment really got scared by a black man in the highest elected office of the US and did everything they could to reassert their dominance. It is the last throws of a dying establishment. The arc of time always bends towards social justice and equality. It may be slow but it is asymptotic.
14. Let’s talk about 2006/2007… what did you think you would see this year 10 years ago?
Goddamnit I wanted flying mutha-fuckin cars. Best we got was some shitty segway tours of mid-sized cities.
15. In your best Andy Richter Voice, do some predictions about “In the year 2017… In the year 2017…”
Falsetto/ In the year 2017… In the year 2017… In the 2017, Cheeto’s will drop the slogan, “It ain’t easy being cheesy,” in favor of “Cry ‘Havoc!’ and unleash the dogs of war!”
Falsetto/ In the year 2017… in the year 2017… In the year 2017 orange futures will go up and up and up in spite of Florida slowly be submerged under the weight of Walt Disney World.
Falsetto/ In the year 2017… in the year 2017… In the year 2017, Betty White will stop being a Golden Girl and finally become a Golden Woman.
16. Which gorilla are we going to kill in a zoo this year?
My money is on Coco the sign language gorilla. She is going to piss someone off with her back talking. “Concealed carry” and “stand your ground” means the shooter walks away. #RIPHarambe #Kony2012 #Blessed
17. How much more can Space X do this year?
They will sell space on the first MCT (Mars Colonial Transport) rocket and get a commercial launch scheduled on the books for 2019 (one year later than they initially wanted). And they will land a second stage of a rocket as well as the first stage for a single launch. Blue Origin will be Blueberry Jelly.
18. What will be 2017’s Zika Virus? and how will people of color be blamed for it?
I think it will be a pork-based influenza called Bacon-Flu and it will almost single handedly wipe out Gen-X guys with goatees because they love bacon so much. People of color will be blamed because whitey can do no wrong in Trump’s ‘Merica!
19. What other color (purple is already there) will your youngest add to her hair?
4 thin strong blue streaks within 3 months.
20. 2016/2017… WTF?!?
I know, right?
Made Maque Choux last night for dinner
It is so tasty
Anyone who hasn’t had it is losing out
I told you that my wife made a gluten free lemon tart for the Christmas Holiday, right?
I dreamt about it last night
The kids and I are feeling a bit under the weather
I am tired of cough medicine
So, so tired of it
So much so, I am pretty much done for the evening and it is nowhere near my typical bedtime
I had 8 interviews last year and I am currently in the middle of 4 this year
Hopefully all 4 will finish up
Anyone know someone who wants to answer my 20 useless questions?
Send them my way
Have a great week everyone