I am all topic-ed out for a bit, so the topic for this post is “Potpourri” a la the Jeopardy category. So here are some random questions posed by people who like me and only wish me a the greatest success possible. Everyone who did not offer up questions… you are on notice… and I have no idea who you are.
Here come the questions:
1. How are the new spectacles?
They are fine. I’m definitely not used to them. So far I have not gotten much sympathy from the people who have worn glasses since they were little kids. Making it to 43 without glasses is pretty good, so my complaints are unnecessary.
2. Some people find a career that is their passion, and others work to fund the other parts of their lives that feed their soul. Which are you? Has that changed over the years?
For most of my work life I would say job funded the rest of life. My most recent job has a little of Column A and Column B.
4. Have you bought your Last Jedi tickets yet?
Nope. That is a soon to purchase thing.
5. Do you still Math ever? Like, for fun? I occasionally Shakespeare just to remind myself of my heady undergraduate days.
Not really… occasionally I might throw some Maths into everyday conversation. I also try to stay abreast of what Little Man is learning in his 8th grade math class.
6. Can you give a quick ranking of the movies you will likely see or wish you could see for the remainder of the year?
There are only 3 left for the year that I am remotely interested or more in
Star Wars: The Last Jedi
And I would rank them in order of excitement as 2, 1, 3
7. What's the best meal you've had in the past 6 months?
It is a toss up between this Venezuelan restaurant in Brookline, MA and Texas de Brazil.
8. What one thing have you lost that you wish you could find again (youth doesn't count, I'm still searching)?
I am going with my will to push myself through things that are uncomfortable. I have such a difficult time forcing myself to be uncomfortable, like say… on a treadmill.
9. If you could create and name a new color what would it be and describe please.
Flumph and it would be a light blue gray with a hint of yellow.
10. Trick or treat?
11. Should regulation of potpourri be at the federal level or should states have the authority to decide for themselves?
On this issue, I will go with state’s rights. We’re talking about pot, right?
12. Why don’t we fall off the ends of the earth since it’s obviously flat? (Also as part of this blog I’d like a cartographic explanation. Preferably in sepia tone. And using Olde English for all the lettering. Please and thank you.)
The earth is a 4th dimensional “brane” that is twisted on itself like a mobius strip, thus while the shadow of that form is a flat plane it is in fact a multi-dimensional object that only seems like a flat plane because of our own limited perceptive capabilities. If one can map a map of a hyper dimensional object, it would not be in sepia or in Olde English.
13. Did you just get a new washer and dryer?
Our old ones were something like 15 years old, so they were a bit long in the tooth. We did get a new washer and dryer and I am excited to see them in action.
14. Now that you have dogs, have you become a dog person or are you still a cat person despite your dog affiliation?
I still like cats better than I like dogs. I love my 2 dumb dogs, but I still like cats more in general.
15. If you are a cat person, why did you even get puppies?
My daughter is crazy allergic to cats and really wanted to have pets. We ended up getting Vizslas because they are very loving dogs.
16. What is the hardest question to answer?
This is a bit meta, isn’t it? The answer is more difficult than this question shows.
17. What was the hardest question that you have ever been asked?
The previous one was a bit of a doozy. Meta answers are the best answers.
18. What was the last good game you played?
Exploding Kittens with the Imploding Kittens expansion… that is the game the family plays when we go to restaurants and are waiting on our orders to be ready.
I also am playing a D&D game online using the Fantasy Grounds platform on Sunday evenings. Both of those gaming experiences have been pretty darn good.
19. Did you watch the most recent Star Wars: The Last Jedi trailer?
Nope, I am trying not to watch it because I am already in. The trailer won’t make me want to see the movie any more than I already do. The teaser trailer and the first trailer were enough to get my appetite going.
20. What is one thing you enjoy about your kids’ favorite extracurricular activities and what is one thing you cannot stand?
Little Man: Swimming - Enjoy: how active he is. Cannot stand: swim meets are an amazing time sink
Little Woman: Horseback riding - Enjoy: how much she loves and enjoys being around ponies and horses. Cannot Stand: I do not like horse or the culture that people build around horses.
I am thirsty
I have found that I really like kombucha
I am a little upset about this
I am not a kombucha kind of guy
But is so tasties!!!
I am currently 1 or 2 episodes away from being done with “The Vietnam War” by Ken Burns and Lynn Novik
It has been super compelling
Lynn Novick is not Naomi Novik
Both are crazy talented Noviks though
I need to buy some tickets for both Thor and Last Jedi
I also need to coordinate with my wife as to which of these movies she would like to join me for the watchings
Now that I have the glasses, I need to start consistently drawing again
I also need to get back on the treadmill
ugh... the US is not going to the World Cup Finals... that is pretty much unacceptable for a US Soccer fan
Have a great week everyone