This weekend I went to the Cincinnati Comic Expo to hang out with my friend William “Will/Bill” Grapes. Honestly, I refer to him as Grapes in my head, so his first name is not nearly as important to me as his surname. Anyway I was hanging out at his table and decided to finish up some drawing that I had done to get back up on the horse for drawing… but my eyes… they did not work so well. Lots of blurriness, lots of double stuff. Hard to focus on the detail work that is necessary for my drawing style. Very frustrating not being able to tell which line is the correct one.
1. Who was the greater visionary: Arthur C. Clarke or Jules Verne? Defend your answer.
Arthur C. Clark (even though he allegedly had a penchant for young Sri Lankans). His works were (even though they were weird as shit and just as wrong as Verne’s) more grounded. Come at me bro!
2. Have you ever had an honest-to-god hallucination?
Not that I can remember. My daughter has. She saw AT-AT’s in a fevered hallucination when she was about 4 and had a crazy high fever.
3. If you could see into either the past or the future, which would you pick?
I think I would go with the past, because then it still makes the future seem influenceable.
4. What is your favorite eye color?
5. What is a little-known fact about eyeballs that you just made up?
Not just the moon is made of cheese.
6. If you had the power of The Vision what would you do?
I would phase in and out of things all the time… when I was not flying, because I would be flying all the times that I was not phasing into and out of something.
7. If you could get a drawing of The Vision by one artist who would it be?
Renoir or maybe Degas.
8. Do you wear bifocals? Sorry I should know this -- do you wear glasses now (other than sunglasses)? If so when did you start wearing them?
I do not have glasses as of 11:30 am Tuesday, Sept. 26, 2017.
9. Did you find yourself looking “under” your glasses to see the details? (asking for a friend)
No glasses here, but might I suggest seeing if you need another prescription.
10. What vision superpower would you love to have?
I would love to be able to see beyond the horizon.
11. Which actual vision superpower do you think you’d accidentally acquire as a result of a wayward Krav Maga move by your wife?
I think a wayward hammer fist from the wife would only give me the special ability to see the inside of my eyelids.
12. Have you ever gone on a vision quest?
Nope... that seems a bit cultural appropriation-ish if I did that... at least that's what my spirit animal tells me.
13. Have you ever had a vision appear to you?
14. Are you actually going to have an eye exam to sort this out? Have you seen an eye doctor? Regular check-ups are important.
15. Will you be purchasing the OWL?
Nope. Sweet God No... Just some glasses.
16. Did you see my sister at the Expo? She was there.
I cannot say that I did not see her, but I can assure you that if I did see her, I did not recognize her.
17. Do you have a personal Vision Statement?
Nope, but I probably should.
18. Would X-ray vision be a good super power?
It depends on if you could control the intensity.
19. If you had to lose one of your senses - which do you think you would not want to lose?
I would be fine losing my sense of decency or direction, but I really want to keep the major ones.
20. Have you noticed when they do the "make overs" on tv that the people who wear glasses ALWAYS do not have glasses on in the reveal? Does this mean the world thinks "Boys don't make passes at girls who wear glasses?"
Make-up people do not like glasses because they obstruct their work. If the make over does not include a make-up person, I think glasses might still remain.
I just had my vision test
Turns out my close up vision is complete crap these days
Reading glasses are in order
Too bad my left eye is really different than my right or I could get away with some cheap ass readers
Optometrist said that the prescription should change almost every year for a while
Seeing and being 40+ is not the best combination
So many bright lights
I am tired of using pattern recognition to read instead of seeing the letters clearly
My old comic book art community, Ten Ton Studios, will be closing its digital doors in early November
Ten Ton Studios will always have a place in my heart
I met a bunch of friends there, many people I interact with on a daily basis via social media
I count a bunch of people from that board as friends
Some I would say are close friends
I had the occasion to do 20 Questions Tuesdays with more than a handful of these people
They are all wonderful people
I think the FaceBook group might potentially end up taking the forum’s place
Or maybe someone can get a slack channel going
When I get my Mag-Lite book ready for publish, I am going to hit many of them up for interior pin-up art
My head is starting to hurt, so I need to wrap this post up
Anyone want to do a 20 Questions interview?
Hit me up
I will take all takers
Have a great week everyone