Tis the season for Christmas shopping, so I have asked my intrepid question askers for questions concerning Christmas Shopping… I think I did something like this last year as well. Yep… 20 Questions Tuesday: 371 - Holiday Shopping from December 16, 2016... and 20 Questions Tuesday: 305 - Holiday Shopping from December 9, 2014. I am nothing if not repetitive. Turns out I was way more politically correct last year. “Holiday Shopping” to “Christmas Shopping?” I guess the war on Christmas is truly over. I hope we can start screwing over the veterans of the War on Christmas like we do all the other combat veterans in the US. Thank you for your service, your health care is shit.
Anyhoo… I am nothing if not repetitive. Maybe I should research topics before I ask for questions...
Thanks this week go to Mike, Chris Ring, Lsig, Bruce Finch, Jared, Jayne, Erin, Nicole, and my Mother-in-Law (guess which questions were hers). (no links to peeps because I am the lazy today)
Onto the questions!
1. When is it considered too early to think about christmas shopping? I know people who get half of it done in August. I don't like those people.
Well, those people are monsters… inhuman monsters. Early Christmas present buying is a terrible trait and should be shut down.
2. What proportion of christmas presents that you receive were actually picked out by you? Does that ruin the surprise? Does it matter?
About 80%... which is not a bad thing.
3. How much of your christmas shopping is done online and delivered to your house?
4. Black Friday: Yes (no) or Hell No?
5. What was the last thing you re-gifted? Why?
I have not re-gifted anything in a very long time. I don’t think I remember what it was or to whom it went.
6. I loathe Christmas shopping, any tips to make it more bearable?
Online for the win
7. Do you venture out for Black Friday shopping?
Nope, Black Friday is a day meant for monsters... and I am not a moster
8. Do your kids submit detailed lists? (Does your spouse?).
We do this listing via Pinterest boards. It can get relatively granular on there. We all have pinterest boards.... mine is super anemic right now. I hope to have it populated by Friday.
9. Is Christmas "too commercial"?
Nope, just commercial enough. Christmas hits that sweet spot for commericality (I kid... this is horrible)
10. What is your fondest memory of a Christmas gift someone bought for you?
Fondest is an interesting feeling to search for.
11. Do you get items wrapped at the store or do you take them home to wrap?
We wrap all the gifts at the house. Very rarely will we get anything wrapped for us.
12. How early & how late in the season do you do your shopping?
Pretty much the month of December.
13. Anyone that is really difficult to shop for?
Me… I am terrible to shop for. I never know what I want and can't articulate it when I do find something I want.
14. Is cash or gift cards ok or should all gifts be more personal?
Cash and gift cards are always acceptable. We try not to get things that people have to throw away
15. Can you shop online and never visit a real store?
16. Why do my children want the most obscure things ever?
Children are evil, vile creatures that only concern themselves with their dumb wants and needs. They do not consider cost or difficulty in what they ask for. My daughter wants a horse… we live in an area that is not horse friendly and some horses cost more than some cars, yet everyday she asks for one.
17. Do you prefer the shop from a wish list or look around for things that remind you of the giftee?
About 80% wish list
18. What gift(s) are appropriate for friends and family who celebrate Hanukkah?
Any gift that would be okay for Christmas would be be fine for Hanukkah… except for a Christmas ham. One should not necessarily expect to give gifts on all seven days though.
19. Are you getting me something wonderful? A new car? All expense paid trip to Maine?
You will get what we have given you for the past year or so… the ability to live in our backyard.
20. Are those are the important Christmas shopping questions?
Well… until 19, they were pretty solid.
I have done no shopping as of yet
I just heard someone say “I’d rather be Santa Claus than Superman”
I heartily agree
The wife is in Nova Scotia for 10 days
That is a looong time
(Editor’s note: I am publishing this on Wednesday because I could not get it finished yesterday)
I think getting glasses has made my eyes realize how hard they were working
Theys some tired eyes
My dad had shoulder surgery yesterday (again)
He says they might need to replace the shoulder with a ceramic one
He already has ceramic knees
And a pacemaker
They say he’s more machine than man anymore
More machine than man with none of the superhuman powers
Pretty sure with all the replacement surgeries and whatnot that my dad is somewhere around at least a $1,000,000 man
Maybe pushing $2 mil already
That’s it from here
Except that the Punisher Marvel Netflix series is the most solid and best Marvel series they have made
Have a great week everyone