Trying to get back on this weekly posting horse, but this horse don’t want a rider. Today is post 411… I gots the information, baby! Today you will get a post, and it will be a glorious post because it is about a topic that I find endlessly fascinating.
Ever since I was a little kid, I have loved the concept of cryptids and the whole idea of cryptozoology. Bigfoot, Yeti, Nessie, Champ, Mokele-Mbembe, El Chupacabra, and bunches more. I have been reading about these concepts since I was able to read. There is tons about the paranormal that I love, but I always find myself reading about ape-men/man-apes in Asia, Borneo, the Kamchatka Plains, etc…
Thanks this week goes to Lsig, Nadolny, Baroody (I need to email you about something, please try to remind me), Nicole, Dave Myers (I need to email you as well), Bruce, Gavin (MY BOSS! YIKES!), Alesha, Tues and some other guy. Lots of questioners means lots of good questions.
Let’s do this!
1. Is it true that yetis have complicated sibling relationships?
Once there was strife between a yeti and myself in a previous version of my blogging, but that has sorted itself out.
2. If you were able to hunt one, without societal repercussions or guilt, which would be the most enjoyable?
The Ghost Deer. It would basically be like deer hunting, or sleeping in a hammock in a tree.
2a. f you were able to date one, without societal repercussions or guilt, which would be the most enjoyable?
Well… that is a rough question. I do not think many of them at all would be good to spend time with. Okay, let’s go with Nessie. I’d make that plesiosaur into a please-me-o-saur, if you know what I mean? Wink, wink. Nudge, nudge. A wink’s as good a nudge to a blind bat, if you know what I mean. This kind of love was sort of covered in Shape of Water though, so it is a bit derivative.
3. Do you believe these Cryptids are actual physical animals we have yet to discover ? or do you believe that they are manifestations of people's minds, made real? Tulpas, for lack of a better term, I guess that leave some physical/mental impression behind? and how can a person tell the difference?
He’s an interesting fact: I, for the life of me, thought the “thought form” word was a different definition of the word “torpor,” but that is because my believer podcast is Mysterious Universe and is done by two Aussies with great Aussie accents. They must be saying “tulpa” and I am mistaking it for an Assie “torpor.” To answer your question… sometimes they are tulpas, and it really doesn’t matter if the cryptid is a thought-form made real, because that is just as important (if not more important) of a find.
4. Which of these is most likely to exist?
5. Which cryptids do you think are most likely to actually be out there?
6. Cryptid most likely to be discovered?
7. Is the Skunk Ape related to Grape Ape?
Nope, the Skunk Ape is a swamp version of a Big-Foot that happens to stink a bunch. Grape Ape is a Hanna-Barbera cartoon character.
8. Where is the jackalope love? Why isn’t the jackalope on this list? Are you agin’ jackalopes?
If I can buy a stuffed version in a Cracker Barrel store… that cryptid gets no love.
9. If Sasquatch was discovered today, what are the chances he’s a Trump supporter?
Ze-ro. Sasquatch are like the ultimate environmentalists. They have a zero carbon footprint and all of their habitats are LEED Certified Platinum.
10. As vast as our oceans are and so much of them unexplored, can The Meg (megalodon) or squid of kraken size be out there?
There is better possibility of a Kraken than a Megalodon (regardless of the movie releasing soon).
11. Has there been a rise in crytpid sightings that corresponds to better and better special effects in movies?
Nope, I think as technology has gotten better, people are realizing that what they thought they saw was a stick.
12. How hokey was the original zapruder (Patterson gimlin) Bigfoot film?
It was not really hokey at all. It stood the test of time for a loong time before people accepted it’s hoaxness.
13. How would you classify cryptids for one who is not versed in the attributes of said creatures?
I would use what one of the cryptid wikis use. Humanoids, Dinosaurs and Pterosaurs, Plants, Dragons and Dragonoids, and Carnivores.
14. You studiously seem to avoid mentioning Sasquatch. Why is that?
Because the sasquatch is a revered being in some people’s religions and belief systems. The Skunk Ape, Orang Pendak, Amok, Skunk Ape, Bigfoot, and Yetis are not.
15. With how good modern photo and video manipulation is, do you think there will ever be controversial evidence of a cryptid without a corpse to physically touch?
There will have to be a body that can be forensically tested by multiple testing centers. This is not like running across the mountain gorilla in the 1890’s.
16. It is said that the people who want paranormal things to be true the absolute most are the skeptics, it is just that their burden of proof is much higher than believers. How do you feel about that statement?
I feel ambivalent about this statement.
17. What are the plurals for some of the cryptids, which ones are singular entities and which are a type of creature that there may be more of?
Bigfeet, Los Chupacabras? That kind of thing? Most of the cryptids, other than named lake monsters (I’m looking at you Nessie… aw yeah, Nessie, hey gurl. Oh, and Champ as well. Sup, Champ?)
18. Why do so many cryptids have “snake” or “snake-like” associated with them?
Most do not, I think this may be a word that you hone in on to pay attention to when it comes up.
19. Did you know about the Appalachian Black Panther? There here in Ohio, yo.
It is also known as the Ghost Panther…. But I like this Appalachian Black Panther better.
20. The Kraken is sort-of the best cryptid though, right?
Of course… because squids and octopuses… they’s aliens.
Not much to recap today
Little Man is now 15
I started this thing when he was about 18 months old
Here is the first pic I ever posted of him at 18 months old
I am getting old
That’s it for the recap
If you want to be interviewed, hit me up and I will start asking questions
Have a great week everyone
Man, it has been a while since I played in Photoshop... that felt good